X

Another turbo katana build....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstngsrule68 View Post
    im not here to debate this, if you want to debate how a turbo works with carbs, go do it into your pillow.... im here to dictate my build and post pics... you are no longer welcome to debate my own build with me... if in the end it all goes to hell and blows up then so be it.. until then.. sit back and enjoy watching the build?.... speaking of build how many bikes have you turbo'ed? exactly.....

Look pal... nobody's here to debate you or your build. I'm simply trying to prepare you for some of the problems people face when they use forced induction and carburetors. I've played with forced induction and designed and tuned the accompanying fuel systems for years. My engineering background is extensive. We are all here to comment, help one another and share information, that's how a discussion thread works. If you have a problem with that, with me, or with anyone else who posts responses, perhaps it's you who should keep your comments and your pictures to yourself.

If you'd like to discuss forced induction and fueling, there are many people on this board you can talk to.

http://www.dune-buggy.com/turbo/carbureted.htm. There's some good information here on draw-through and blow-through carbureted forced induction setups.
    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

alright fine, no more updates it is....... sorry guy's
      "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
      2004 marauder 800

Comment

I for one want to watch this build and i would not like him to stop posting because i think its very interesting...I think hes just getting aggravated with everyone pointing out every little thing and somewhat criticizing his build...Theres no need to get all worked up,Ive had experience posting on here and i gota tell ya sometimes the responces you get seem kinda rude...maybe you should just give him some friendly insight on what to look out for instead of pointing out his every flaw...Hes intended for people to read this post to watch his build,not to knit pick it,Im sure if he needs help with anything then were all here,I have yet to see him ask for anything,so we should probably all just set back and watch like he said and see how it goes and if he needs help then theres abt 1000 of us who can chime in and work it out.
        Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

Comment

I most likely couldnt have said it better myself.... how about everyone post's POSITIVE comments, and let me learn from my mistakes... you dont need to tell me how to build something i already know what im doing........

2006 turboed kat
          2004 marauder 800

Comment

I most likely couldnt have said it better myself.... how about everyone post's POSITIVE comments, and let me learn from my mistakes... you dont need to tell me how to build something i already know what im doing........
            I mean i respect everyone on this forum because most of them have all helped me out at one time or another but i think people are acting a little imature,You cant tell someone to get off the forum no matter how you sugar coat it,Its katriders...Not If you dont like what we have to say go somewhere else,Its should work just as it does in the real world on here and people should take other peoples feelings into consideration and know that people are different and their not perfect,Its just a little sad that im 20 years old and i have to say this to people who are more than likely all older than me...Just show some respect and i think the only thing people should keep to themselves is their rude comments...Were here to Learn and Help not to argue about who knows more or whos right or wrong.Lets let the man do his build and if he has a question or needs help then you can feel free to give your opinion just like we always do.
            Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

Comment

sounds frickin good to me

2006 turboed kat
              2004 marauder 800

Comment

mstngsrule68 i know what the problem is...we've been off our bikes so long from building them that our tempers are short from not riding.. ;P lol its been MONTHS since i've gotten to ride my bike...all i need is a little but the bikes not done and its TOO so lets all just :hugz and his build so we can when he's done building it

Comment

Quit getting your dick bent when people with knowledge are asking you questions, which you don't seem to know the answers to.

Building the hardware is only half of the battle, remember you still have to tune it. We're just asking questions, you should be flattered.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I'm interested in the build.... and i want to see him succeed. engineering is an art... stop telling him how to create his work of art.

Engineering is the discipline, art and profession of acquiring and applying scientific, mathematical, economic, social, and practical knowledge to design and build structures, machines, devices, systems, materials and processes that safely realize solutions to the needs of society.
                    The American Engineers' Council for Professional Development (ECPD, the predecessor of ABET)[1] has defined "engineering" as:
                    [T]he creative application of scientific principles to design or develop structures, machines, apparatus, or manufacturing processes, or works utilizing them singly or in combination; or to construct or operate the same with full cognizance of their design; or to forecast their behavior under specific operating conditions; all as respects an intended function, economics of operation and safety to life and property.[2][3][4]

taken from wiki.
                    if he gets it together and it doesn't run... then he's not done and will touch it up to HIS perfection. if it runs to HIS expectations he's done.
                    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                    Tony
                    94 Katana 600

Comment

Just keep us updated! I for one really want to see this and may one day be interested in taking part in a similar project.
                      "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

I'm thinking a better thread would be started AFTER the completion of the project. Unless you have questions or need help. (But You said you already know what youre doing)That way you can say

1. Here's the finished product
                        2. Here's what I had to do to make it work
                        3. If you try to duplicate my project, watch out for this, this, and this. Because I made mistake A, B, and C which caused x, y, or z to happen.

After that nobody can do anything except admire what you've done and appreciate the info you've given them.

To start a thread at the beginning of a project is asking for comments/opinions (good and bad) and you should expect them. Good and bad.
                        Last edited by JimG4652; 01-12-2011, 11:59 AM.
                        02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                        90 GSXR 750/1216
                        96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                        87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                        sigpic

Comment

simple as this... scotty you can no longer post in this thread..... but yea ill keep you guys updated.. i can really careless what anyone says. im here to do MY build, with MY money, on MY TIME..... so when you are invested into the build or you helped....then YOU can say how something wont work..... those of you know who YOU are....
                          Last edited by mstngsrule68; 01-12-2011, 12:06 PM.

2006 turboed kat
                          2004 marauder 800

Comment

This has been the thread I check on daily. PLEASE keep on posting. Randy

Comment

simple as this... scotty you can no longer post in this thread..... but yea ill keep you guys updated.. i can really careless what anyone says. im here to do MY build, with MY money, on MY TIME..... so when you are invested into the build or you helped....then YOU can say how something wont work..... those of you know who YOU are....
                              FWIW I never said it wouldn't work. All I did was ask a question of how you were handling the fuel requirements. You responded by saying simply it will work. You have no right to accuse anyone else of being rude after a response like that.
                              My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Haha, I'm posting in your thread!

Funny, try to help and you act like a douche...chill man.
                                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X