No announcement yet.
X

1992 GSX600F Fuel System Diagram

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 what? If it's the same bike, it's the same bike. You're good to 97.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yeah its off the same bike just a two year difference. I got the block off plates on with high temp gasket. The petcock is on the tank. Now. I need to know where these 8 plastic caps go on the carb, and how long the fuel and vacuum hoses need to be. Any good semeritans willing to break out a measuring tape?

As for the tank rest, that can wait. I'm not taking this bike on the road anytime soon. Getting it running good is my first priority.
      Last edited by Yoyosten; 11-27-2015, 01:37 AM.
      '92 GSX600F Bobber
      sigpic

Comment

Don't know where you got those but, not the caps you need for the carbs. There are four needed. They fit on the sync ports, the little nipples on the diaphragm covers ( the big black plastic caps on top of the carbs). Install the hose to the carbs first route them where they won't get pinched or kinked and be able to fit on the petcock.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Ok those are capped now. Got it hooked up, hoses and all. Having a shot and a smoke waiting on this battery to charge. I'll trim up the hoses later once I have it running. I noticed the engine said oil cooled so I put my coolant in the opening with the cap that says 10w-40.
          Just kidding
          '92 GSX600F Bobber
          sigpic

Comment

Are you having the longest smoke and biggest shot in the history of forever? You know what I do while I'm waiting for the battery to charge? Sleep.

Comment

It isn't fully dead, plus I've got a fast charger. It'll be charged enough to fire up within the hour. The anticipation is killing me.
              '92 GSX600F Bobber
              sigpic

Comment

Why don't you just jump it off your car battery? If the car isn't running it's perfectly fine to do so.

Comment

I wouldn't wait on the tank rust, it will screw up your carb cleaning real quick.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Oh I didn't even know the tank rust was an issue. Trust me, that can't wait. If getting it running correctly is your first priority, that's going to be a problem.

Comment

Carbs 3&4 started leaking out the overflow when I tried starting it with choke and gave the throttle a twist. Cleaned up and kept trying without choke or throttle. Didn't leak anymore but wouldn't fire. Thinking I got the plugs wet. I'll let all that evaporate and try again in the morning. At this point a little tank rust isn't going to do much. I'm only making sure it runs then I'm disassembling it all and cleaning it so it runs good. Whether that means getting a new tank or not is yet to be determined. Not sure how to "fix" rust in a tank. It might seem like I'm going to just get it fired up and start riding it the same day. I assure you that not the case. I'm going to be putting a lot of work into this bike, after I know the engine runs. The rebuild and fine tuning comes later. Thanks for all your help guys. I'll keep you posted.
                      '92 GSX600F Bobber
                      sigpic

Comment

Check out Por-15 for the tank. Rust treatment and lining. Works really well, used it for 2 different tanks so far.
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

+1, you got something wrong, nothing should leak out of the vent. Choke, throttle or not...my guess is the float height is off.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

I'd suspect float heights as well.

Comment

Rolled it outside this morning since it wasn't raining. Fired up with choke on, no leaks low idle. Turned the idle up, it dies. Turned it down, fired it up, turned off choke, died. Turned choke on, fired it up, throttled, died. Then I started it let it run for a bit longer, turned off, half throttle and fired it up. The carb spit and it ran playing the throttle. I think the bowls were stuck. So I turned off choke and set.the idle to 1300rpm and it sounds great. I'll run some seafoam thru it tonight while everything is hooked up. Then I'll take the carb off and take a look see inside. I'll clean it, may order a rebuild kit. I'll deal with that tank now as well. Thanks guys.
                              '92 GSX600F Bobber
                              sigpic

Comment

Mixed up some seafoam. And threw it in the tank. Went to start it and it was damn near dead. This battery is shot. It was fully charged this morning. 3&4 started leaking again. I know it runs, so I'm going to take the carb off to reset those floats and clean it. It shouldn't need a rebuild kit *knocks on wood*.

On a more positive note the front wheel parts came in. On a negative note I realized the aftermarket front wheel is not compatible with these rotors. On a positive note I can either sell these aftermarket wheels for what I paid for the bike or simply order ones that match this wheel and pray to God they're compatible with the stock calipers. Open to suggestions on that. You guys haven't steered me wrong yet. I should have threw that seafoam in while it was running this morning.
                                '92 GSX600F Bobber
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X