No announcement yet.
X

1992 GSX600F Fuel System Diagram

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any reason header pipe 2 should be smoking like this? Scared the shit out of me cause I though it blew a gasket. It's not a leak, when I rev it doesn't shoot out, just keeps bellowing off it. Maybe the PO got some oil on the wrap? All the other fittings look ok.

Last edited by Yoyosten; 12-03-2015, 01:31 PM.
    '92 GSX600F Bobber
    sigpic

Comment

If the PO was trying to run the bike the same way as the plugs were hooked up in the picture... it's probably never been hot before. So, it would naturally be burning off any residual oils from finally getting to temp.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah. It stopped. I changed the plugs out and it really stayed running good. So good gas started pouring out both sets of carbs. I'll have to remove them and take a look. Is there a guide to removing and reinstalling the choke and throttle cables?
        '92 GSX600F Bobber
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyosten View Post
          It really stayed running good. So good gas started pouring out both sets of carbs.
          That's not "running good".

Comment

Sarcasm. Although as far as combustion, yeah it was running better. I'll have to measure the floats and then I'll tune it. I've been looking at this vacuum gauge set specifically for 4 cyl bikes. I figure it'd be cheaper/easier than taking it to a shop to be tuned.

'92 GSX600F Bobber
            sigpic

Comment

Better option http://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-.../dp/B000K7JHWA
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran
              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Took the carb completely off and snapped some photos of all sides before I had to leave. When I get home I'll open her up and check the floats/needles. I figured I'd let you guys see if anything is wrong or missing. There's two T fittings. One between 1&2 then 3&4 pointing up. When I tipped it over gas emptied out. Not sure if those need to be capped. You can see all 6 photos from here.

'92 GSX600F Bobber
                sigpic

Comment

Here's a set that is not missing anything. I'll let you compare.
                  carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 90-97

Comment

Apparently the two T fittings are vents that went to the PAIRS unit. I guess those have two hoses running to the bottom of the bike. Other than those hoses it looks like everything is there. Now those 4 bolts underneath each o the bowls are the air/fuel screws?
                    Last edited by Yoyosten; 12-12-2015, 08:41 PM.
                    '92 GSX600F Bobber
                    sigpic

Comment

No they're not. You're talking about the two rubber T fitting on the upper row? Those are vents. They have hoses on them that drape over the air box. They have nothing to do with Cali emissions and they shouldn't be capped off. When the carbs are mounted on the bike, they are fine. When the carbs are full of fuel and you tip them upside down, gas leaks out of there.
                      Last edited by arsenic; 12-13-2015, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Looked at carb 1 and it's clean as a whistle. The guy probably wasn't lying when he said he had them cleaned. I noticed the needle doesn't fall out when the float is down. I'm sure it will when gas is flowing through. Not like it's stuck bad or anything. Any method to getting the needle out for a better look? On cars it's a similar getup, just not so crowded, and not upside down. O_o
                        '92 GSX600F Bobber
                        sigpic

Comment

If your talking the float needle, then it's not installed correctly. It should be semi connected threw the tang on the float, like a hook and loop. Also check the needles for wear at the seat.
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

The needle is hooked to the metal strip by a wire loop. The float rises, the metal strip pushes the needle up. The float lowers, the strip goes with it, and the needle falls out on its own.

There's a rubber piece shoved in a port next to the jet in carb 1. While the other three have a rubber piece but it looks like a brass jet, only its rubber.

'92 GSX600F Bobber
                            sigpic

Comment

You need a pilot jet plug, that isn't the right part there. Looks like scrap rubber. The float tang should have a hooked tip to keep the needle on the tang.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Why would those jets get plugged? The ones on the other three seem dried out and fall right out.
                                '92 GSX600F Bobber
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X