No announcement yet.
X

1992 GSX600F Fuel System Diagram

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try www.bikebandit.com or www.ronayers.com please don't try to straighten a damaged rotor. Find a replacement.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Just some notes of things I saw...

Yes, you have a CA Emmisions bike. The PAIR system can be removed. AT the very least, make sure it's properly sealed or you can have some odd (but mostly not affecting how it runs) issues.

The bolt plugging the hose was for the crank case vent. That's bad. Plugging it like that. I'd suggest you put the airbox on it, and then... that hose would plug onto the airbox for the pressures to be equalized. If your not going to use an airbox, put a filter on the hose, and then put that in something to catch the fluids that will eventually make their way out of the vent.

You mentioned getting the correct petcock. Good! Now, run only 2 lines with no filters to the carbs. The setup that was on the bike was starving the carbs of fuel, and would have prevented the bike from ever running /riding right. The filter would not have flowed enough fuel, caused air pockets in the fuel line, and prevented fuel flow in general.

You have 3 ports on the bottom of the fuel tank.

1. A short one points "down". That's the drain from the top at the fill. Open the fuel tank lid, you will see a small hole... if water gets around the cap, it drains down that hole through the tank and exits out the bottom. Run a line from that point to the bottom of the bike so it doesn't drip onto the engine.

2. Curved one, points to the back of the bike. This is for the PAIR system, to capture fumes from the fuel tank. If the PAIR system isn't fully connected, then that needs to have a line also run to the bottom of the bike. Be aware, if the vent in the cap is stopped up, and pressure is allowed to build up in a full fuel tank, it could force fuel out that port. You would want that to drain at the bottom of the bike, not on the engine as well. Run a line like the rest.

3. Metal disk with a port coming out the side. That's the catch pan in case the fuel sensor leaks. If it leaks, line should drain to the bottom of the bike.

What's not set up on the bike to be aware of now... on the side of carb 4 (right side as sitting on bike) will be a vacuum port. I'm gonna guess they blocked it off with a cap. That needs to have a vacuum line run from there, across the bike, to the new petcock your getting as it's vacuum operated (at least, an OEM one is...). If that vacuum port isn't being used for that, make sure it's sealed off or that would be a major vacuum leak and the bike won't run right.

Airbox... it's worth it... really is!

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Ok. The breather is on. The big 1/2 in hose from the top of the engine hooks up to the spout on top the breather pointing to the front of the bike? Then there's a drain spout at the bottom for a drain hose.

Starting between carbs 1&2 and 3&4 two fuel lines are supposed to connect to one, that hose goes to the petcock. What about the hose that's attached to the side of #4. That's vacuum correct? Is this supposed to split before it comes up to the petcock?
        '92 GSX600F Bobber
        sigpic

Comment

I believe it does if your using the PAIR system. No if you're not using it.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

As of now this is how the vacuum line runs. Theres a cylindrical thing with two big hoses going over the front and into the crank case. The smaller line runs to where the choke cable connects, then splits. One hose going to the side of No.4 and the other, as you can see is plugged. I'm running this bike without PAIRS. Is this the right setup for that?

'92 GSX600F Bobber
            sigpic

Comment

Looks right, the capped off vac line goes to the petcock. And you ARE running the PAIR system. All those parts above and to the side of the carbs is the PAIR system.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

... I already took off the charcoal cannister and hoses O_o what else is there?
                '92 GSX600F Bobber
                sigpic

Comment

All those pieces. The canisters to the right and left, the center valve. And you need to block off the exhaust fittings near the header. All you should have left is the carb set. The breather hose goes from the head to the airbox.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

So basically that whole bracket under the handlebars and everything on it?
                    '92 GSX600F Bobber
                    sigpic

Comment

Leave the bracket but, yeah.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Ok... so take the splitter off the vacuum hose. And have only that one hose coming off the side of no.4 go to the petcock. The green line in the photo.

So the rest of these hoses marked red. The X's are things at the end of each hose.

Remove the splitter, then the small hose. At the end the cylinder gets removed. Then the two boxes on either side of it come off along with all the hoses, but leave the bracket it's on. Then that leads to attachments on the front of the crank case, near the headers. Those need a kit to bolt on and shut them. Anything I have marked on here that shouldn't be removed? If I'm correct this should open up enough space for some La Cucaracha horns under the tank.

I just wanna thank you guys for putting up with me lol. I'm a bike newbie for sure. I'm used to no nonsense classic cars. No BS emissions hardware to worry about. Not a lot of wires and gadgets.
                        '92 GSX600F Bobber
                        sigpic

Comment

Looks about right
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Think I'll have to remove the cooler in front?
                            Last edited by Yoyosten; 11-17-2015, 07:03 PM.
                            '92 GSX600F Bobber
                            sigpic

Comment

Shouldn't have to, indont remember doing that for either my 1100 or 600.
                              1998 Katana 750
                              1992 Katana 1100
                              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Nope, get some steel stock and make blank off plates or order them.
                                Last edited by 92xjunker; 11-17-2015, 10:59 PM.
                                spammer police
                                USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                                X