No announcement yet.
X

1992 GSX600F Fuel System Diagram

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel must pass threw the metered passages to reach the idle jets. Wide open they get too much fuel to them. The plug is only to cover the jet since there isn't another way to get the jet in and be serviceable. The plug doesn't completely seal the jet, only the access area. The passage and jet are clear to flow. The plugs should be snug fitting.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 12-19-2015, 12:05 PM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Sorry guys, been super busy during the holidays and with work now. I ordered new factory plugs. Couldn't find any aftermarket ones. In the meantime I'll check the carb threads for what the floats should be set at and get those ready. I've got a little measuring square I use on cars for just the same thing. I'll keep you guys posted when I get the carb back on.
      '92 GSX600F Bobber
      sigpic

Comment

14.6mm +/- 1mm

Comment

That's with the carbs upside down measuring from the edges of the bowl to the top (bottom) of the float? Also, could this overflow problem just have been from the dry rotted rubber plugs leaking fuel into the bowls even after the needle had it closed?
          '92 GSX600F Bobber
          sigpic

Comment

Edge of the bowl to the highest point of the float. No, the plug has nothing to do with over flow. The needles depending on which brand you have could of, though. Some have rubber at the sealing point, some don't.
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-15-2016, 12:07 AM.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Idk what the deal is. Got it back on and went to start. No fuel leaks but it won't start. Rumbles like it wants to, but it wont. Starter fluid gets it going but only for a few seconds before it burns up and dies. Almost like it's not getting fuel, but that doesn't make sense
              '92 GSX600F Bobber
              sigpic

Comment

What's your tank look like? Especially the inner top, around the filler neck. Pilot circuit is Snafu. ( situation normal, all fouled up)
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Pilot circuit?
                  '92 GSX600F Bobber
                  sigpic

Comment

the small jet, passages and components.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

• Everything's clear I got it running but it's sluggish. I'll let it run for minute. Idk if this cold weather might be the culprit. Idle is weird. Won't stay steady. If I give it throttle and let off it back fires every time
                      Last edited by Yoyosten; 01-16-2016, 08:57 PM.
                      '92 GSX600F Bobber
                      sigpic

Comment

• Could be. Kat's, hell all carbed engines, don't like cold.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

• Back fire? Threw the carbs. After fire? Threw the exhaust
                          Carbs, it's a timing problem. Usually a botched valve adjustment.
                          Exhaust, is a lean condition. Vac leak, clogged carb, not synced properly, low float level.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

• He said it happens when he lets off the throttle. I'm going with after fires, pops on desel. It's quite common.

Comment

• Right before I put it up I started it up again. This time it wasn't when I let off, but instead when I gave it throttle. It would basically shoot flames out the exhaust as long as I was giving it gas. I'm thinking one of the plugs isn't firing right and that unspent gas is just getting blown thru and igniting. I'll start it again in the morning and see if it was just flooded, which I doubt because I had let it sit for a bit and the same issue kept showing up. I never touched the mixture screws I'm saving the fine tuning for later. I'll also check for a vacuum leak. The only things I did were repace the rubber plugs, clean out the jets, and readjust the floats. Perhaps cleaning the jets made the difference in fuel ratio and it just needs readjusted. We'll see. The carb worked fine before besides the overflow problem, I'm sure this is minor.
                              Last edited by Yoyosten; 01-17-2016, 06:15 AM.
                              '92 GSX600F Bobber
                              sigpic

Comment

• Are you using stabilized fuel? I run StarTron in all my bikes because it keeps the fuel fresh & unlike Stabil it will actually make bad gas good again. When it separates from the ethanol, it will make it run like crap. Fresh fuel and a good run (30 min) at various throttle positions usually cleans things out that got gummed up if it isn't too bad.

It is possible that a valve could be sticking open a little from sitting...which would cause popping on decel and flames...

Comment

Working...
                                X