X

Oil question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil question

So like I said in my welcome thread I am new to motorcycles and was wondering about how often you guys change ur oil. Didn't know if it was much different then on cars.

Oil every 3 thousand miles, filter every third time or once a year
    Blackdog
    DRz-400e plated
    Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Every spring, regardless of mileage. Filter everytime, (its $5, why wouldnt you change it?)
      Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
        Every spring, regardless of mileage. Filter everytime, (its $5, why wouldnt you change it?)
        +1 regarding the filter. The OEM filter is made to be changed every other oil change. But I change it out every time to keep my oil clean as possible.
        As to the every spring part, seems like I may put on a little more mileage than my buddy hemi lol.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
          +1 regarding the filter. The OEM filter is made to be changed every other oil change. But I change it out every time to keep my oil clean as possible.
          As to the every spring part, seems like I may put on a little more mileage than my buddy hemi lol.
          I did 2500 last season, I thought that was pretty good for me.

If you read your cars owners manual most of them tell you only to change the filter every other oil change as well. They only do that to keep down "annual maintance costs" to look better on paper.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

I have only 6 months or less riding before winter kicks in and I do 3 oil changes and oil filter every season. the last oil change wont get as much milage but Id rather store the bike with semi dirty oil than really dirty oil.
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I change mine every 2,000 miles and regardless of how many miles are on the last oil change I do it first thing in the spring.
              1993 Suzuki Katana 600 - Street fighter project - (Pre street fighter mods>>>>) silver/blue, Clear front/rear turn signals, Smoked windscreen, Vance and Hines Exhaust, billet bar ends, '05 CBR600RR mirrors
              2001 Yamaha R6 - 100% stock other than Yosi slip on - garage queen
              1983 Honda CX650 - Bobber project

Comment

Ok so it is bout the same pretty much as a car. Every three thousand miles. And to be honest I change the filter every time in my car so the bike will be no exception. I just got the bike so I was going to do it as soon as possible

Comment

I change the oil in every vehicle I purchase when I get it. I dont put alot of faith in PO.
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Twice a season and right before it goes into storage.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                    X