X

Pictorial Steps.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chinto View Post
    thats funny... I didn't even notice that when I was reading that. Sorry Chris, My bad.

you should change this though in your how to:

"Use the pre 98 wiring harness along with the pre 98 handle bar switch and use just 1 throttle cable. Just leave the TPS unplugged, you do not need it."

if the swap is being done on an 88 you will need to change the handle bar switch pod. the choke on the 88 does not have a cable, so you will need to add a pod that does.

so yes, I will tell you it is not entirely accurate.
    Without a choke cable, how does the choke work? That's why I think of the 88 as a prototype, along the the forks, theres a few things on the 88 that shouldn't be there.

Comment

i almost cried at the end of transformers
      06' Zuki Katana 750
      Vance and Hines Slip-On

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
        Without a choke cable, how does the choke work? That's why I think of the 88 as a prototype, along the the forks, theres a few things on the 88 that shouldn't be there.
        I know we are off on a tangent here, I tried to go add this response in to your how to, but I can't access it.

The 88 choke is actually a push pull knob, located on the carbs themselves. IMHO it is actually a better solution than the rest of them with a cable. i have seen choke cables seize before. Where as the "prototype" 88 choke is pretty much fail-safe.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by GabeC View Post
          everyone was a noob at one time, even you black pete and steves, thats like picking fun at a little kid for being a little kid
          Gabe, I was a newbie.. 3 years ago. And even back then I put my money where my mouth was. Chinto said something about searching. I took the time to learn how the search worked. Then you know what I did? I shared that information.. I'm not busting on Kat600 for what he doesn't know.. But what he doesn't do..

I'm not picking on the little kid for being little. I'm picking on him for the way he acts..

Comment

Despite BP's comments (which I'm not degrading in anyway, I agree with them in regards to lazy people), this is a good idea. As BP said, he did the same a while back (still LOVE that caliper rebuild post). I'm actually at the point where I need to do a carb synch as well as take the carbs off to check for idle adjuster problems. Problem is that we are sitting at 32 degrees right now and I like my extremeties. If I do a pictoral, it won't be until spring. And then I need to remember. But if I manage to get a good weather day before then, I'll try to take those pictures and post them up.
            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
            -Terence

Comment

No need to do a carb sync one -- it's already on my website...
              motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by 2000kat600 View Post
                I'd say how about starting some posts with a step for step description and depiction on each stage.

We can start with the top 10 contenders, for example.

This is an example only.

- Oil change.
                - Sparks plugs.
                - Valves Clearance.
                - Carb synch.
                - Transmission chain adjustment.
                - Tranny chain replacement.
                - Break pads replacement.
                - Breaks hydraulics change.

and whatever others come to mind.

Oil Change, not really necessary but I will do a write up next time I change the oil.

Spark Plugs, again not really necessary, but since I already have a fairing removal write up, I'll just continue on and do the plugs.

Valve Clearance, Im getting ready to do this, so I will take lots of pics, and post them up with the write up when im done.

Carb Sync..dont have a carb tune yet.

Chain tensioning...not really a pictorial thing..

I already replaced my brakes, so, no write up there from me.
                It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Steves.- Perhaps my wording was off, I made an incredible typo referring to certain very common parts such as the well known brakes,,, as "breaks"!?!? which I also got heat for... So I give you that, however, after re-reading my own post just now I see nothing else wrong other than the typos, please people, don't read in between the lines, take me at face value,,, the idea popped up in my head, liked it and posted a suggestion,,, no hidden agendas, no secret codes, that was it !!!

======

BlackPete.- I'm not sure about you. I'm not lazy, I've done my searches and obtain information spread so widely over posts, threads, months that I thought there must be a better way to integrate this so valuable data into an easier package.

I'm almost done being called any more names by you, you do not know me and it's not your place to insult me anymore, please.

Also, Who told you that I wanted people to do this for me without pitching in!?!?!? Of course I intended to pitch in!!!!, on the oil change issue that unfortunately for me you can probably do with your eyes closed but that's all I can do. My bike, if you happened to read my previous posts the last couple of days is in the shop right now, at Temecula Motorsports in Murrietta, CA.
                  Your post #8, the examples of compilations made by you are superb!!!! Too bad it was as an example to further bashing on me, you chose to spend additional time and energy arguing, psychoanalyzing, insulting and humiliating me when you could have done two (2) things. Help or refrain from posting. If you are too tired of answering some common questions, I understand, that's why I proposed what I did, so take a break or refrain from answering what you don't want to.

================

Arsenic1016.- I don't recall asking you for anything free. No, wait, I did. My post suggested that we pitched in on the most asked topics on a step by step pictorial way,,, "we" included you therefore I technically asked you to do work for me for free, right? Well, in that case list your charges for your services and if reasonably enough I will consider for purchase. I'm not being ironic nor combative, take me at face value and read me right on, I mean what I say, and certainly don't want to spend your valuable time giving me freebies.

=============

And for whoever else is reading:

I'm not a newbie, per se, I was a member from the days of KatanaPlanet, way back then, then it closed and some members here started this site which I registered a while ago.

I'm a daily all weather rider thus the high mileage achieved, I've also done some off roading. My riding experience does not translate into my mechanical lack of knowledge which is evidently very poor and a crime for some.

Good day, all.

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                  Oil Change, not really necessary but I will do a write up next time I change the oil.

Spark Plugs, again not really necessary, but since I already have a fairing removal write up, I'll just continue on and do the plugs.

Valve Clearance, Im getting ready to do this, so I will take lots of pics, and post them up with the write up when im done.

Carb Sync..dont have a carb tune yet.

Chain tensioning...not really a pictorial thing..

I already replaced my brakes, so, no write up there from me.
                  Sasquatch:

That was the idea, next time I open my bike up, if the stealership doesn't give her her las rites, I'll post too. I can't compile from the How-to's so I'll see if admin open something exclusively for this just to keep 'em together.

Thanx,
                  Last edited by 2000kat600; 12-17-2007, 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  2000 Suzuki Katana 600 (Cryogenic suspension)
                  2002 Kawasaki Vulcan (Gone)
                  2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 (Gone)
                  2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650.

Comment

2000Kat600 has a valid point about putting all the routine maintenance posts into one area.
                    2005 GSXF750 Katana
                    1991 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
                    1993 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan

Comment

Ditto

Comment

he certainly has a point, I'm not saying he doesn't. Here, I'll say this again, GET A MANUAL, you want step by step instructions with pictures? That's what a manual is.

Comment

I think a section just for pictoral how to's is a great idea. It would put everything in one spot and could be more comprehensive or at least more visual than some manuals. If someone that knows how to do the certain service is willing to take some pictures during the process it wouldn't be too hard to write one up. When I do my brakes I'll try to remember to take some pictures of the process

2002 Katana 600
                          1999 Ford F150

Comment

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
                            mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Seriously you guys are starting to pi$$ me off. If you can't change your oil without a step by step with picture, pay someone else to do it.

Comment

I know that we have all got into a bit of a tizzy over this, haven't we? And here goes my ice-cream container of petrol onto the barbie....

Although it is great to learn how to tinker our steeds through a combination of manual, common sense and ungodly swearing, we would all agree, I suspect, that other information/back-up is useful. Can I say how useful and reassuring it is to find write-ups on what some experts may consider basic maintenance procedures/tips, yet are seen by rookies (me) as verging on rocket science! So a big thank you for all of those who have gone to the effort of doing said write-ups, it is appreciated, even if it may go unrecognised.

All I am saying, is give valve clearance a chance. sic

Thanks again.

Edit: Arsenic, I think it is less about learning how to change oil, or cancel one's indicators; but more about vlve clearance, chain kit replacement, etc
                              Last edited by Frenchcropper; 12-17-2007, 07:54 PM.

Comment

valve clearance how-to's I can understand. The CyberPoet has 2 great write up's on his site:
                                motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

now, if that isn't enough information and pictures to help you, I have no idea what is.

Here's a great write up on a carb sync, seriously people maybe next time, do a little research.
                                Last edited by arsenic; 12-17-2007, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X