X

Pictorial Steps.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
    he certainly has a point, I'm not saying he doesn't. Here, I'll say this again, GET A MANUAL, you want step by step instructions with pictures? That's what a manual is.
    Yep, thats what I use to do all my work. I just try to take better pictures then whats in the manual.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Maintenance with pics... great idea.
      2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
      Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
      "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
      Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
      Veteran of the United States Air Force.
      "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

As a newbie when it comes to working on bikes, I can say that I appreciate all the help that I get from this forum. And a special thanks to the new search feature which allows the use of quotations and the + symbol. These helps make searches a lot easier. On the other hand, I have spent 2+ hours trying to find a thread someone posted a couple months back explaining how to change the gauge faces. Can I change them without the pictures and help, certainly. But having some illustrative examples to help give me a little more confidence and assurance that I am not going to eff something up and spend some more money is great. I can only search for so long at one time. In addition, essentially almost everything on a motorcycle can jeopordize our safety, which is just one of the reasons that most motorcyclists share a sense of brotherhood.

I do have a Haynes manual, but would gladly take the advice of some of our knowledgable members here over it.

If I ever make it down to the Dragon, one round is on me. Cheers
        Last edited by Cheriff; 12-17-2007, 08:48 PM.
        -2000 "750"

Comment

I think you guys are being a little harsh, obviously this guy is just looking for a little assistance with some basic maintenance...

Yes, I know that there are pretty good how-to's on some of the stuff he asked about on this site, and on other sites, but let's face it, not everyone is as skilled as one another on the "google skills".....

Yes, all of the stuff he mentioned is in the service manual, but we just can't go telling people to look in the service manual when they ask for help, if that was the case, then half the posts in the how-to section would be worthless. We have to understand that not everyone is going to have a firm understanding about how to do certain procedures just by reading the service manual. I consider myself to be pretty mechanically inclined, and there are some things in the service manual that I don't understand, or the manual isn't to clear on.

Why is it that when members come on here and say that the dealer charged me X amount for whatever service, the response is always, "why don't you learn how to service the bike yourself, all you need are some basic tools, and it'll save you a bunch of money!"

But yet when someone asks for some pictorial how to's we have these responses filled with animosity?

Aren't we all here just to help each other out? I know that's why I'm, around....I help out others to the best of my ability, but I know there are a lot of thing I don't know so I ask them here as well.

I think this guy has a valid idea, and yes, some of the how-to's are already out there, but lets not forget how crappy the search function is on the new site, just try typing in "how to change the oil" and you'll see what I mean......
          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
          18v Rigid Drill
          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

okay reconstyle, all the how to's I've done here, there are 4 of them, they aren't in the service manual. So I can say just look at the service manual. If you want to know something that involves a little knowledge, understanding, and creativity, ask me. If you want to know how to change your friggin oil, look in the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
              okay reconstyle, all the how to's I've done here, there are 4 of them, they aren't in the service manual. So I can say just look at the service manual. If you want to know something that involves a little knowledge, understanding, and creativity, ask me. If you want to know how to change your friggin oil, look in the manual.
              ?
              Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
              18v Rigid Drill
              Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
              New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Okay, we aren't really going anywhere useful here. If someone would like to start a thread to collect the how-to's etc please do so.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                X