X

Somewhere between Prius and Airplane

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IndyGunner View Post
    not sure what year you have, excuse me if you said it already... although judging by your avatar it lookes like its NOT a 1999 http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...600-Parts.aspx
    Doesn't matter. 1998-2006 are all the same...don't let the kit fool ya.

Comment

I do apologize, when i bought mine they were on sale but here is a full jet size kit for around $80, seems much better to me the $250 for your local gear head to claim he cleaned it. none the less it is up to you. not very complicated to do. you will be very satisfied with the work. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Suzuki-GSXF750-GSX750F-Katana-Carburetor/dp/B006QZFNJ6"]Amazon.com: Suzuki GSXF750 GSXF GSX 750 F GSX750F Katana Stage 1-7 Carburetor Carb Jet Kit: Automotive[/ame]
      Last edited by MIAMIMONSTERKAT; 05-14-2012, 05:49 PM. Reason: adding link
      MEET SUZI, SHE HAS A BEAUTIFUL REAR END!! THATS ALL YOU'LL BE SEEING OF HER!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MIAMIMONSTERKAT View Post
        I do apologize, when i bought mine they were on sale but here is a full jet size kit for around $80, seems much better to me the $250 for your local gear head to claim he cleaned it. none the less it is up to you. not very complicated to do. you will be very satisfied with the work. Amazon.com: Suzuki GSXF750 GSXF GSX 750 F GSX750F Katana Stage 1-7 Carburetor Carb Jet Kit: Automotive
        FYI, if the jets are plugged, the passages in the carb body are too and they will need cleaned anyway 99% of the time. That kit also doesn't include pilot jets, which usually clog first nor does it include slide needles. You get much better performance from new needles than you do those jets.

Also, the OP has a 600, not a 750.

Comment

Btw i have a full yoshi system on my bike and individual filters, accel ignition coils and some engine work done. If you plan on jetting which i recommend, do the slip on get the extra few horses, plus (fuel economy) on a bike really is not that serious, a back pack can mess with your fuel economy worse. I noticed with my bike the biggest loss of power i had was with my stock ignition coils, they are terrible and have a infamous reputation for heating up and shutting down, throwing you down to only 2 cylinders which from experience is scary as hell, especially when your on the express way in traffic.

Due diligence, major components to help beef up a katana.

1. Ignition coils
          2. Great spark plugs (only ngk recommended b suzuki)
          3. Good exhaust
          4. Quality air filters (not the stock box, go with mikuni individual filters worth every penny
          5. Proper sync
          6. And i recommend running at least one bottle of heet $2.99 at your local auto parts store ( carb and valve cleaner also removes any moisture built up in your fuel lines, tank or carbs as well.

You will notice just a few of these cheap changes will make your katana idle, run and perform better than you could imagine.

Same price for the 600 to the 750, if he is taking apart the carbs to change the jets he can clean the entire carb, needles, slides any thing else that maybe gunked up. Jetting will only increase the fuel to air ratio ratio giving him more power, and aside from rejetting to get more power his initial question. He wanted to become more visible to surrounding vehicles by adding a slip on to be heard and was simply advised to rejet if he does.

Thanks for the heads up btw.
          Last edited by MIAMIMONSTERKAT; 05-14-2012, 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

4. Quality air filters (not the stock box, go with mikuni individual filters worth every penny
            Yea, I wouldn't recommend listening to this guy.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
              yea, i wouldn't recommend listening to this guy.
              +1,000

Comment

Btw i have a full yoshi system on my bike and individual filters, accel ignition coils and some engine work done. If you plan on jetting which i recommend, do the slip on get the extra few horses, plus (fuel economy) on a bike really is not that serious, a back pack can mess with your fuel economy worse. I noticed with my bike the biggest loss of power i had was with my stock ignition coils, they are terrible and have a infamous reputation for heating up and shutting down, throwing you down to only 2 cylinders which from experience is scary as hell, especially when your on the express way in traffic.

Due diligence, major components to help beef up a katana.

1. Ignition coils
                2. Great spark plugs (only ngk recommended b suzuki)
                3. Good exhaust
                5. Proper sync
                6. And i recommend running at least one bottle of heet $2.99 at your local auto parts store ( carb and valve cleaner also removes any moisture built up in your fuel lines, tank or carbs as well.

You will notice just a few of these cheap changes will make your katana idle, run and perform better than you could imagine.

Same price for the 600 to the 750, if he is taking apart the carbs to change the jets he can clean the entire carb, needles, slides any thing else that maybe gunked up. Jetting will only increase the fuel to air ratio ratio giving him more power, and aside from rejetting to get more power his initial question. He wanted to become more visible to surrounding vehicles by adding a slip on to be heard and was simply advised to rejet if he does.

Thanks for the heads up btw.
                O.o.......

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                Yea, I wouldn't recommend listening to this guy.
                This...

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                +1,000
                And this! Notice where he's from?

Comment

Thanks guys, trying to help a fellow rider out, but if your suggestions are better well hey thats great. Seems i may not know what im talking about. Dont listen to a word i say, i will continue to enjoy the sunny beaches in miami. Good luck on your ventures.

Btw i speak from my experience from previous and current bikes i own.

Yup miami, beautiful all ways bright, great weather, great women. Miami!!!
                  Last edited by MIAMIMONSTERKAT; 05-14-2012, 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well, if your experience with pod filters led you to recommend them on a Katana, your experience is wrong
                    BTW, no one is jealous your from Floriduh

Comment

This is too funny. Thanks for you approval, i dont know how i made it through life with out it or your confidence boosting antics. Lets just say you won for the sake of this tread and this way i can leave your ego in tact.

And yes my experience with pod filers has been amazing, must say they suck better than any fat hog filter could ever.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        Well, if your experience with pod filters led you to recommend them on a Katana, your experience is wrong
                        BTW, no one is jealous your from Floriduh
                        A right or left turn isn't considered a "twistie"?????
                        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                          A right or left turn isn't considered a "twistie"?????
                          Not when it's one every 20 miles lol.

This is too funny. Thanks for you approval, i dont know how i made it through life with out it or your confidence boosting antics. Lets just say you won for the sake of this tread and this way i can leave your ego in tact.

And yes my experience with pod filers has been amazing, must say they suck better than any fat hog filter could ever.
                          It's not like you're talking to a Factory Suzuki Tech or someone that's been working on bikes/cars/everything else for 19 years or anything. I mean sheesh, what could we possibly know? It's not a matter of ego's. It's a matter of what works and what doesn't. You could listen and learn, or you could let your ego get in the way and shut your ears. Your choice, and it's already made.
                          Last edited by 05RedKat600; 05-14-2012, 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Wow this thread got out of hand fast lol.

Some of you guys get a bit defensive about your maintenance on your KAT's. Thanks for looking out for me in all tho. I appreciate all the advice, really. Just need to choose what's right for me now.
                            2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
                            - Aaron

Comment

Lets get one thing straight. I'm am not defensive about putting pods on YOUR Katana. It's your bike, I don't give a chit what YOU do. When some guy with 11 posts tells you they are a good upgrade. That bugs me. I kinda have a little more of a clue what I'm talking about. I guarantee I've forgotten more about Katana carburetors than Floriduh will ever know. I don't care what you do to your bike. When someone does something retarded and tells others to follow suit (Hayabusa front end on a Katana), I feel it's my civic duty to intervene.

Comment

I'd just like to mention that my head exploded when Redkat said "stoichometric" I don't even wanna look that up, just gonna get a beer.

IBTL
                                1990 GSXF 1100
                                2011 KLR 650

Comment

Working...
                                X