No announcement yet.
X

Lowering Links for a 1993 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not really worried about the value, as I have no plans to actively sell it. and I said 200 is what i Paid for it and I only expect to spend a little more. Tires, gas, 'surance, brake pads, etc are all operating/maintenance cost so im not factoring it in. I was just sating buying a new tail, new fairings, and what not would not make the bike run so I didn't plan on restoring it. but no you aren't stirring the pot, because im not trying to turn this into a show bike. it just has to go and go safely, its a beater bike, not a conversation piece. lol people will see and and maybe look twice but thats it. im not a part of any club, not out for trophies. not out to carry people around, not out to flip it.

but again I do appreciate your opinion, it wont ever be a Katmobile or a blackops or KOTM; but it will be something comfortable for me.. and now that its lowered and lighter on the ass end. a bit easier for me as well.

OH an I wont be riding with any capes
    Last edited by kbotk89; 10-02-2015, 02:02 PM.
    93 Kat 750
    02 RAM 1500
    04 BMW X3
    ..and a Pair of Hyo GT's

Comment

Just one more thing then I'm done.
      Have you ever riden a Katana ? The front is the heavy part. It already doesn't want to track good on dirt; being you said you may make it a dirt bike. When you chop the tail its going to be more front heavy, so now even riding on the street is going to be an adventure in itself. I think you've got it wrong thinking your helping by reducing weight. Anyway, Good Luck !
      My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

yeah I have rode this particular one at stock height before it was sold (bike has changed hands in the family or friends of the family) there is also a 2000 750 in burnt orange and chrome in the family that is a looker and for that reason it is barely ridden. I just feel more comfortable on a lowered bike where i can have my feet flat. every bike from the my first bike, the two drag bikes: one for track and one for dirt, has been lowered. if weight is an issue (or lack there of, a longer swing arm or weight added to the swing arm section should suffice, not that i would have it to come to that.
        93 Kat 750
        02 RAM 1500
        04 BMW X3
        ..and a Pair of Hyo GT's

Comment

It's your bike do with it as you wish.... Not a fan of chopped up bikes or street fighters but, it's yours so, do your thing. Personally, I would of made it fit my height and made it run then left it that way if you plan on getting another. No muss no fuss. You can't remove enough weight to make that much of any difference. The KAT is just a tank of a bike.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
          X