No announcement yet.
X

Frame Sliders Forum: Purchasing Info and Reviews

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed my sliders yesterday - quick shipping by Braunstein82, and looks to be a decent product. Hopefully won't ever need them, but better safe than sorry. Thanks!
    "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

• Are the sliders still available?
      My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

• I'm sure they are...PM Braunstein.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• Originally posted by katanarider View Post
          Are the sliders still available?
          They are, I just bought a Pre Set last week.

Where in Raleigh are you?

Comment

• Sliders are very worth it, put mine to the test yesterday, and worth their weight in gold, not a scratch on the plastic. Slide bent frame is solid...EVERYONE SHOULD BUY!!!!

Comment

• My kickstand bolt came out yesterday on a ride, went to put my stand down...and it fell off....and of course I had already leaned the bike over.

I will be getting a set with my next paycheck.

seriously though, how the #*$K did that bolt just COME OUT??

Comment

• happened to me on my pre kat a long time ago and on my gsxr about a year ago
                www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                Katana Frame Sliders
                The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

• any user reviews on pre sliders yet?
                  Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                  Tony
                  94 Katana 600

Comment

• I just got mine yesterday so no install yet, but they are top quality. ('93 600)

Comment

• KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
                      and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Thats all the info there is for pre98, i have only sold a few sets and only have one left. There is one person now installing them this week so im sure he or I will post something up about them soon.

Katana Frame Sliders
                      The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.

Comment

• Yeah I wanted a set of them just have not had the spare cash. Not real sure on how to cut the holes in my plastics.
                        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

• Its sad that someone actually took the time to creat the product and didnt get rewarded with sales. Now the pre-98 Kats will feel the pain of broken plastics if production does not continue.
                          Maybe a case of out of sight out of mind? Could it be a marketing solution is needed ?
                          Powder coated colors, Youtube, and ebay to name a few.
                          Last edited by katanarider; 04-20-2010, 11:17 AM.
                          My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

• yeah to be honest .... i'm on the fence about the pre 98 product..... I want frame sliders and have been saving for them since he said he was developing them, but i want them to work and the last review i read about them was kinda Iffy about how well it protected the frame. i would like to see a vid or something.

I'm not using the fairing so frame /motor protection is my MAIN reason for buying FRAME sliders.

I like braunstein and his post sliders look really cool. I've also been thinking about getting some of those... they seem like they protect the frame a lil better.

I'm getting the frame painted this summer so I'm defiantly looking for some protection.
                            Last edited by il_ragazzo; 04-20-2010, 06:49 PM.
                            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                            Tony
                            94 Katana 600

Comment

• I can attest to the post sliders. Lauri has dropped the Kat a few times without any damage to the bike nor to the expensive paint job I had put on.... Did what they were supposed to and well worth the money
                              I am a Penn State fanatic.
                              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

• The pre sliders really dont do any damage to the frame just in some test it put a .2" ding on the small part of the frame. Any in some test the bike went over the slider wheels off ground and bars and mirror hits ground. Basically the use for them would be for light drops and tip overs. In high speeds the slider would probley break off or put the ding in frame. And yes the post 98 slider will work on a pre 98 that doesnt have body work.
                                Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

Working...
                                X