CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lagmo
    replied
    Never met Marc, but he was always so helpful on the forum and the chat, his experience helped me invaluably with my Kat upgrade and now I'll never be able to thank him properly.
    My heart goes out to his family and GF, may they find solace in their time of grief.

Leave a comment:

• katinvermont
    replied
    Cyber

Well, it's been a while since I have been here. I joined years ago before KatRiders when (anyone remember this) it was KatanaPlanet and then migrated over with folks. Even back then Cyber was the go-to guy for answers. Before I signed on today after a long absence I was wondering who of the old crew was still here, thinking for sure Cyber would be here, only to see the sad news right away.

A lot has already been said about Cyber, and I will only say that Cyber earned my respect, and will be missed.

RIP Cyber. Ride on.

Leave a comment:

• danp2630
    replied
    Since I got my m109r I haven't been on here much. Just saw in someone's sig,"RIP cyber poet" and shock set in. Searched for his name and found this post. Holy ****! All of us at one time or another have had contact with Marc, either through PM's, buying parts, or being lucky enough to have met him personally. Mine was mainly through PM's and was going to look him up next time I went to Florida to my mom's winter place just outside Tampa. So sorry I did not make it down there before this happened.
    Prayers and thoughts go out to all who knew him. He was one of a kind and will be deeply missed!

Leave a comment:

• mjangus89
    replied
    I check into the forum every once in a while, as I have an R6 and am on the r6-forum. But i love the people on this one and I feel more at home. Its like a small-town feel here compared to a hugely popular R6-forum.

Leave a comment:

• TheCheetorProject
    replied
    very sad indeed. My respects and condolences to his friends and family. truely a sad day for our riding community

Leave a comment:

• HS2020
    replied
    Originally posted by siren451 View Post
    Just a note to say that I am in the process of taking over Marc's (thecyberpoet's) business. So Motorcycleanchor.com will live on for as long as I can maintain it. I will no doubt need some help figuring out the motorcycle stuff since I am in no way as knowledgeable about them as Marc was. Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer questions as he did, but I will do my best, maintain the websites and continue to sell parts and accessories. It will takes some time to get everything back up and running... get everything into my name, have to take inventory of what is here, find out who he vendors where and contact them, figure out how to manage the websites, and figure out how much he sold stuff for... So check back in a bit.
    Glad to hear this. If you need help just shoot me a PM or an email and I will be glad to help you out.

Leave a comment:

• macgyver
    replied
    just came back to revive an older thread. Still thinking about you Marc, RIP

Leave a comment:

• neoxxt
    replied
    I haven't been around for a long while, but logged in tonight to start researching all the parts I need to get my Kat up and running for the upcoming season.

I'm shocked and carry a very heavy heart to hear of this news. I'm feeling quite guilty that I'm finding out 4+ months after the fact. I'm a fairly new member of the community, but asked for advice from and did business with Marc on a number of occasions. He was a great guy. Fair and honest.

It's discouraging to think that one of the most knowledgeable guys around when it came to safety and thinking things through passed in this way. I offer my condolences to his family, girlfriend and the entire KR community. Unbelievable.

Leave a comment:

• HemiKat
    replied
    Originally posted by siren451 View Post
    Just a note to say that I am in the process of taking over Marc's (thecyberpoet's) business. So Motorcycleanchor.com will live on for as long as I can maintain it. I will no doubt need some help figuring out the motorcycle stuff since I am in no way as knowledgeable about them as Marc was. Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer questions as he did, but I will do my best, maintain the websites and continue to sell parts and accessories. It will takes some time to get everything back up and running... get everything into my name, have to take inventory of what is here, find out who he vendors where and contact them, figure out how to manage the websites, and figure out how much he sold stuff for... So check back in a bit.

Sounds good! I need a timing advancer for my B12! You can probaly stay in business just from the people on this site. Id much rather send my money to someone like you than a big corporation.

Leave a comment:

• the wind
    replied
    Originally posted by delkampg View Post
    was an "official" cause ever determined?
    my understanding the cause was from riding a motorcycle....Siren when you get the site running you might have to quit your day job.

Leave a comment:

• delkampg
    replied
    was an "official" cause ever determined?

Leave a comment:

• mjangus89
    replied
    Thats good! I hope the transition goes smoothly Siren

Leave a comment:

• Mattsch18
    replied
    Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, they kingdom come thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us a trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, Forever and ever. Amen

althought i never meet CP, a fellow riders is a fellow rider. pegs down

Leave a comment:

• spatula6554
    replied
    The outpouring of support and emotion for Cyber Poet is truly astounding. I have come across so many of his posts and advice on here, and it will never be the same here without him. I pray the Holidays were bearable for his family and my best to them all...

Leave a comment:

• ygolohcysp
    replied
    This is totally awesome. I only did business with Marc once, but I'd be very pleased to continue getting maintenance items through you. I will indeed check back.

Unfortunately, I don't have the experience to offer specific help with websites or motorcycle knowledge, but I'm fairly good at finding answers when nudged, so the offer is there anyway. I'm sure many people here on KR will be willing to help.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X