X
X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It has been awhile since a logged in. I never expect or want to see a thread like this, but here it is.

RIP Cyberpoet

Comment

• Something slightly wrong with this thread; only way I could respond was to click on "Quote..."

I MAY be able to attend, but only on that Sunday. Kinda a long-shot for me, to be honest.
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

• f you can't attend, I totally understand about the distance. It was requested that we record the service and post it on KR or youtube. We will post the link to it after the service.

As for a charity... I can tell you Marc was not into giving to charities so much. He was more direct in helping people. He always helped his friends and me no matter how much. He often helped homeless people on the side of the road by giving them money or food. Once he gave a homeless guy that approached us in a parking lot 100 bucks. So, I would say if you really want to do something in Marc's name, then remember him the next time you see a vagabond on the street, or hiding in an alley, and make their day by slipping them a 100 or so. I don't have to tell you all on KR, Marc was all about helping his fellow man, even prefect strangers.

Finally, on a somewhat lighter note. In honor of Marc, I am designing a t-shirt on Cafepress.com that anyone can purchase. I will post a link to it soon.

Comment

• i was wondering about the quote in the banner, i just realized it came from a Quintin terrintino movie and was just curious why that one was picked?
          99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
          06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
          06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
          lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

• Originally posted by delkampg View Post
            i was wondering about the quote in the banner, i just realized it came from a Quintin terrintino movie and was just curious why that one was picked?
            i am sure others will chime in with a more personal reason why it was chosen, but i know it was part of his avatar that he has had forever.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

i was wondering about the quote in the banner, i just realized it came from a Quintin terrintino movie and was just curious why that one was picked?

Way before that:
              Excerpt from a Robert Frost poem. Part of Cyberpoet's avatar.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by siren451 View Post
                Planning to have the memorial service on Friday, Oct 9th or Saturday Oct 10th. I want to make sure everyone who wants to attend can, so let me know it you prefer one day or the other. It will be held at Honeymoon Island State Park on the dog beach, one of his favorite places to go with me. More details will follow as they are figured out.

I will be checking back here to determine which day it better for everyone. Thanks
                -Paula
                I am free on both days but as I need a little travel time Saturday would be best.

Comment

• RIP Marc, I am grateful to have been the benifactor of your knowledge and experience, you will be sorely missed.
                  Today is the Tomorrow that you worried about Yesterday....

Comment

• Originally posted by Malloc View Post
                    i have the misfortune of informing everyone that knew cyber poet that he had an accident on the freeway tonight and hit the median guardrail that was installed in the past year or more.
                    Oh my dear God. I just got back from a 10-day holiday and this is the first I've seen of this tragedy. Marc was uniformly helpful and supportive to me as a new member and fellow rider, to say nothing of a comprehensive source of invaluable information.

RIP, mate; may comfort and solace be granted to all who knew and cherished him in person as well as online.
                    Last edited by Absyn-thesis; 09-30-2009, 10:45 AM. Reason: I hate finger-fumbles.
                    High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

• Your wisdom will be missed Marc.....

Forever ride brother.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I should be good for Saturday also.
                        myspace
                        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

• Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                          Way before that:
                          Excerpt from a Robert Frost poem. Part of Cyberpoet's avatar.
                          "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

• Saturday I can make it..
                            I Quit KatRiders!

Comment

• Paula is there something else for those of us not able to attend can do? Was there a charity he was involved with that donations can be made in his name? Let us know about that.
                              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

The quote is a poem by Frost... search the text in this thread and you'll find the whole poem.
                                "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Working...
                                X