X

CYBER POET DIED tonight 9/20/09

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw this and, gotta admit, there are tears in my eyes
    Marc along with a certain other person who i am not allowed to mention, were the first here to greet me and offer me ALOT of help
    RIP Marc
    89 kat 750
    2X 85 fz 750
    03 1100 v-star
    86 fz600 gawd I love this bike!!

Comment

• Marc helped me out many times, cannot hardly believe he's gone, but know he was doing what he loved most. God bless, and rest, you will always be with us.
      Last edited by tnvatdreamland; 10-04-2009, 01:36 PM. Reason: signature edit
      It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

• God Bless you Marc, you stayed up many a night until 3 am, exchanging PM's helping, me get my bike running, even though we had never even met. We were only connected by our love of two wheels, yet that was enough to know you were a truly great man.

You were truly a great blessing to those who knew you, and those who didn't missed something amazing.

Comment

• My sympathies to his family and friends. I have never met him but I can say all his posts and knowledge about the Kat was a major influence in my purchase of my own Kat 4 years ago and I always looked to his posts and website when I needed to learn something more about the Kat and motorcycles in general.

It appears that he has impacted and touched a lot of people in so many different ways and you can count me in that list to.

RIP CyberPoet.
          DragonSlayer129.com

Comment

• haven't been on in a while and was shocked to read this.

My sympathies to your family and friends. i didn't personally know him but have received great advice from Cyber a few times here and even purchased from him. all of his posting have helped me out in maintaining my kat and most importantly riding saftey. agian my symoathies to your family and friends R.I.P.

Comment

• R.I.P Very sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family & friends.
              Everytime a bell rings, an angel gets it's wings. Everytime a mouse traps snaps, an angels set on fire. - J. Handey

Comment

• I'm stunned,I havent been around for awhile and to be greeted with this is heartbreaking.

Marc, I never had the great pleasure to meet you, My loss,but over the years you have shown probebly everyone here, myself included, and many others in this world, the great gift of your knowledge and experiences,I'm a better person for it,and for that i say thank you.

We have all suffered a great blow to our lives even if we dont know it,my heartfelt condolences to your loved ones, RIP
                WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
                We Will Always remember!
                sigpic

Comment

• Terrible news.. I remember CyberPoet's informative posts from the Katana Planet days. What a loss.. My thoughts go out to all those close to him.
                  2005 Hayabusa (Silver and Black)
                  2004 Suzuki Marauder 1600

Comment

• Please read:

Thanks.
                    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

• Very sad , just found out on one of GTA forums. My condolences to family. R.I.P Marc, God Speed. You will be missed.
                      www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

• To the Admin/Mods/Paula.

Since Marc's no longer with us unfortunately, but his wealth and knowledge on Kats and motorcycles in general was well researched, and is still with us on this site. I do see an inadvertent lose of his wisdom possibly ahead.

Marc has some very well thought out directions posted on his "Motorcycleanchor.com" website. Since Marc's obviously not here to maintain that site, it would be a shame for his words to be lost.

Would it be possible to get the info from his site transfered to this site so that info isn't lost if that site does close down? The section(s) I am referring to is http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/moto...owto_main.html and http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/moto...rm_select.html and http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/katana/index.html
                        Not stuff for sale, Just great info in general.

Hoping this isn't coming across the wrong way to everyone involved. Paula, My apologies if it is. I was merely looking to preserve the wealth of info Marc had already given us. I don't know what the future holds for Motorcycleanchor.com, However I know theres a wealth of knowledge there. I'd just like to preserve it for future rider/readers.

Transferring this info would mean nothing to myself since I haven't been on a kat for some time now, However I think his words and info could help some new riders just throwing a leg over a bike called a Katana that they just bought as their first bike.

Seriously not trying to come off wrongly here.
                        Paul
                        Last edited by Newbie2it; 10-06-2009, 02:23 AM.
                        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

• T-shirts...

I know that I will be buying a couple of these shirts and even though I never had the opportunity to meet Marc/CP...I will proudly wear these shirts whenever I have the opportunity to wear them...Thanx Paula for creating this shirt.
                          SKG

Comment

• Hey Guy's

Is there any news on how the memorial service went, was on my mind all day?

Tok

Comment

• Originally posted by Tokalosh View Post
                              Hey Guy's

Is there any news on how the memorial service went, was on my mind all day?

Tok
                              It is this Saturday.

Comment

• I haven't been on the site for a while and I am just devastated by this news. When I was a noob Marc was there for me to ease my anxiety and help me get more comfortable understanding my Kat.

Marc will be missed on a global scale.

My deepest condolence's to his loved ones.
                                R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Working...
                                X