No announcement yet.
X

street fight (pic heavy)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO this pic is a clear representation of the blinding effect on other drivers, And this picture was taken off to the side, not even the more head on situation you will have on a regular road.

Originally posted by GSX-600F View Post
    They are bright:

1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I think that's one of the most half assed attempts at a "syreetfighter" bike that I've ever seen.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        I think that's one of the most half assed attempts at a "syreetfighter" bike that I've ever seen.
        I agree 100%
        If you want to do a fighter don't just pull the fairings off and say its a fighter. Look at 92gsx750 and cintidude04 both have awesome fighters. DW (do work) my friend get a plan and set it into mottion. Don't just give up hell iv been working on my fighter for almost a year now and still not even close to being done. At first I did the same thing as you at first. Just dont give up.
        2005 Gsx600f- My baby
        1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
        Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

Well this morning I woke up to my dad saying sorry that he hit my bike in the garage and it fell over I have no idea how cause I make sure my kick stand and firmly down and broke my left fairing so i might have a second go at it.. I'm just worried if I do all this work and decide I don't really like it, I'll be stuck with it.
          1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

I'm just worried if I do all this work and decide I don't really like it, I'll be stuck with it.
            Thats the name of the game.
            Sorry to hear bout the busted fairings though.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Im good with fiberglass so I can fix it.. Thank you though
              1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

Originally posted by hinow41 View Post
                I agree 100%
                If you want to do a fighter don't just pull the fairings off and say its a fighter. Look at 92gsx750 and cintidude04 both have awesome fighters. DW (do work) my friend get a plan and set it into mottion. Don't just give up hell iv been working on my fighter for almost a year now and still not even close to being done. At first I did the same thing as you at first. Just dont give up.
                I agree whole heartily with that^...
                I actually have a fairly nice looking street fighter/ cafe'd katana but no one knows it because I am not proud enough of my work to post it yet and i have been working on it for 3 years now! one day I will show my work off.

I understand that you want the dual head light thing going on. but it's not as simple as that...

You should have a conceptual plan.
                you really have to think A LOT about your design. both functionally ,fiscally, AND aesthetically. what that means is you have to make sure first that it does what you set out to do. then make sure you have the resources needed to make it / have it made . Then before you commit to it does it look good? Now that you have an idea about what you think you might to do.... think about reason you don't want to do it and problems your likely to run into. Like flaws in the designs.
                that entire process happens in your head before anything is ever done.

example of all of this is the head lights.

Function= make the bike road legal and light the way. consider what else it needs to have aside from the bare minimum. do you want them to flash for safety?

Fiscal= (budget - resources needed)

Aesthetics= build a model out of cardboard / use photo shop if you cannot see it in your minds eye. In an earlier post I mentioned the golden ratio. This ratio will help you find the dimensions of the aesthetic mods you wish to correct/ solve. headlights generally stick out forward a small portion from the forks and they are a general size (about grapefruit sized) that pleases the eye when compared to the forks and other objects around them.

Design Flaws= what problems will I have? Does my headlight setup blind anyone? how am i going to mount it? How am I going to mount my gauges and does this interfere? and for you.... Is it Reversible? if you deem it too problematic Erase the drawing board as you have not done anything yet!

But then again I have been working on mine for 3 years, But I can assure you it is very well thought out!

Im good with fiberglass so I can fix it.. Thank you though
                The PLASTIC fairings on your bike are better fixed using Plastic repairing techniques rather than fiberglass.
                Last edited by il_ragazzo; 03-09-2012, 08:51 PM.
                Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                Tony
                94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                  you really have to think A LOT about your design. both functionally ,fiscally, AND aesthetically. what that means is you have to make sure first that it does what you set out to do. then make sure you have the resources needed to make it / have it made . Then before you commit to it does it look good? Now that you have an idea about what you think you might to do.... think about reason you don't want to do it and problems your likely to run into. Like flaws in the designs.

Function= make the bike road legal and light the way. consider what else it needs to have aside from the bare minimum. do you want them to flash for safety?

Aesthetics= build a model out of cardboard / use photo shop if you cannot see it in your minds eye. In an earlier post I mentioned the golden ratio. This ratio will help you find the dimensions of the aesthetic mods you wish to correct/ solve. headlights generally stick out forward a small portion from the forks and they are a general size (about grapefruit sized) that pleases the eye when compared to the forks and other objects around them.

Design Flaws= what problems will I have? Does my headlight setup blind anyone? how am i going to mount it? How am I going to mount my gauges and does this interfere? and for you.... Is it Reversible? if you deem it too problematic Erase the drawing board as you have not done anything yet!
                  Glad there are others on this site that understand this.
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                    I agree whole heartily with that^...
                    I actually have a fairly nice looking street fighter/ cafe'd katana but no one knows it because I am not proud enough of my work to post it yet and i have been working on it for 3 years now! one day I will show my work off.

I understand that you want the dual head light thing going on. but it's not as simple as that...

But then again I have been working on mine for 3 years, But I can assure you it is very well thought out!

The PLASTIC fairings on your bike are better fixed using Plastic repairing techniques rather than fiberglass.
                    I never looked at it like that.. I kinda just rushed things and didn't think things through.. I'll set my bike up and draw something out, and just stare at it and come up with ideas.. Just never done thing before so I guess I don't really know where to start, and I'm short as hell on cash

Comment

Planning is free... start there.
                      try and find out what you want it to look like... general shape of the whole bike if you will. once you have that... think more specifically. what do i need/ want. I have been at this for 3 years and I'm still coming up with great ideas. some happen some don't. you will also see that some things force you to make changes to your plan. which will happen. the solution to that is..... that's right more thinking! hahaha

Take for example my EFI mod... I started thinking that one years ago. I acquired all the parts before i ever had the motor (which I found(cheap, cheap) before i knew i really wanted it.) all this happened before new developments in EFI parts became available. And now i have EFI parts but i am wondering if i want different ones or not, and why. (gsxr throttle bodies vs bandit 1250 throttle bodies vs gsx650 bodies). see while I thought about my options new options came up which may or may not be a better solution to possible problems i might run into. like will gsxr 600 throttle bodies run a 1100cc machine? or.... will bandit throttle bodies be any better? and will current ideas on how to space the bodies work on my application?.... I still have a lot more thinking to do.

Great thing about thinking... is that it allows time you to save money to buy the next part for your well thought out build. just remember Rome was not built in a day.

Kwebbel was a member here a long while ago. He was the first winner of the katana of the year award. I'd advise every fighter builder to read what he wrote there. very inspiring.

Good luck on your thinking, and good luck on your build. keep us posted.
                      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

Shoving feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Remember that, and you might come up with something good.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Well I decided to give it another go.. I decided to hide the wires I will use diamond plate, I marked the red where I want the diamond plate I don't want to weld it on cause if I ever need to get behind it I'll never get it off, this will give it an aggressive look yet hide those pesky wires. I also painted the lip on the bottom fairing so you don't notice the screw holes as much is I ever decided to convert back, or to sell. Here are some pics

Debating if I want to cut across and make the bottom flat, or follow the frame with the plate

Just gonna take a little at a time and not rush it and give it a lot of thought

Comment

im not a sheet metal expert or fabrication expert but putting metal plates with sharp edges on a motorcycle scares me a lot. Every time I see those OCC guys weld on some sharp piece on their bikes Im thinking "what in the hell??". Then I remember those are showbikes not bikes you ride thousands of miles. Just have that in the back of your head when you modify. if you fall those plates can cut you up like butter.
                            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

=/ I did not take into consideration, damn it.

Comment

Here is a link to a little bit of history on the streetfighter.
                                [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streetfighter"]Streetfighter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X