No announcement yet.
X

street fight (pic heavy)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had an awesome idea what if I get some fiberglass sheets saran wrap my fairings and use as a mold because then I can cut the fairings without destroying my stock fairings therefore I can play around with what I would like
    1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

Originally posted by GSX-600F View Post
      I just had an awesome idea what if I get some fiberglass sheets saran wrap my fairings and use as a mold because then I can cut the fairings without destroying my stock fairings therefore I can play around with what I would like
      Nope.....think about that for a minute. You can't use your old fairings for a mold. Why? The fiberglass you put on the outside will end up making slightly larger fairings than the factory ones, making them not fit right.

So, you would have to use your old fairings to make a mold, then use the mold to make your fairings. Two steps, not one.

Comment

I was going to go with a sturdy plastic but I didn't like it do I molded a nice mesh and sprayed it black, pics either tonight or tomorrow depends how fast my paint sets
        1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

painted under the tank for a little better flow look,

and I threw some mesh on to hide them pesky wires

Comment

Well you said you are good with fiberglass, so why not design and build yourself some custom panels to hide your wires out of fiberglass.

Comment

Originally posted by thebird_19 View Post
              Well you said you are good with fiberglass, so why not design and build yourself some custom panels to hide your wires out of fiberglass.
              Cause a 1x2 sheet of cloth is 8$ and the all the chemicals are 80$ and I would need about 100-200 sheets I could buy another bike lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GSX-600F View Post
                  that's sexy
                  I think you should cut up your stock fairings and make them work. There's a thread on here of a guy from australia that did a pretty cool mod of his oem fairings, might give you ideas

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Originally posted by Lykkan View Post
                    that's sexy
                    I think you should cut up your stock fairings and make them work. There's a thread on here of a guy from australia that did a pretty cool mod of his oem fairings, might give you ideas
                    Thank you, I'll try to find it

Comment

I'll be blunt. It looks rough and unfinished. Mainly in the tail section. Some ideals.
                      The Green circle is referring to the plastic for under the seat. No good reason you can't cut that crap out. Trimming that up will clean that section up a good bit. It stands out to me. The red circle is for the metal bars there. Remove them... I realize your plate is attached there, but find another way somewhere else. The yellow circle not that big of deal, but you could cut that little excess metal off to bring it back a bit. Won't make a huge difference, but just a thought.

Furthermore you need to find a way to hide all that subframe, or hack that f-er off and make/have a custom one made. All that frame under the seat makes it look unfinished. Gotta clean up all the plastic under the tail light too. It looks sloppy hanging down under the light. Just some thoughts on the whole thing. From what I seen in some earlier pics you need to clean up the front end and hide all the wiring and cables a little better between the forks. The best fighters have really clean lines, look tough, yet finished and clean. Either way good luck on it. Make it your own design, and don't be afraid to really jump into it.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Don't know if you've seen this before, but it may help you, it's what gave me some pointers on my own bike:[ame]http://youtu.be/JJax6pqlEoI[/ame] Granted it's a car, but you can implement the same techniques
                        "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
                        Chris
                        graphic designer | drummer
                        2002 Katana 600
                        Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

Originally posted by BlackburnD View Post
                          I'll be blunt. It looks rough and unfinished. Mainly in the tail section. Some ideals.
                          The Green circle is referring to the plastic for under the seat. No good reason you can't cut that crap out. Trimming that up will clean that section up a good bit. It stands out to me. The red circle is for the metal bars there. Remove them... I realize your plate is attached there, but find another way somewhere else. The yellow circle not that big of deal, but you could cut that little excess metal off to bring it back a bit. Won't make a huge difference, but just a thought.

Furthermore you need to find a way to hide all that subframe, or hack that f-er off and make/have a custom one made. All that frame under the seat makes it look unfinished. Gotta clean up all the plastic under the tail light too. It looks sloppy hanging down under the light. Just some thoughts on the whole thing. From what I seen in some earlier pics you need to clean up the front end and hide all the wiring and cables a little better between the forks. The best fighters have really clean lines, look tough, yet finished and clean. Either way good luck on it. Make it your own design, and don't be afraid to really jump into it.
                          Hey, Thanks for that! (No sarcasm) Really thank you, I've been hoping people could give me some insight on this project haha (not telling me what to do) but IDEAS. I'll take a look at the tail and see what I can do to clean that up, and on the front I've been trying to figure out how to clean that up without cutting into the harness, I was thinking about fabratacting the wind screen on? I thought it looks kinda cool, I sat it on there to see what it looks like.. looks kinda agressive.. but we shall see.

Comment

If nothing else when you start looking for where to mount the plate could always just get a swinger plate bracket. And no problem with making suggestions.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

I made myself a swinger license plate bracket/turn signal mount out of a Bell License Plate bracket kit.
                              Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                              Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                              2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

I was actually thinking about hacking the whole back seat off.. but I've seen some and they looks ghetto but some look nice
                                want mine to look a little like this, but different if that makes since LOL
                                I don't want to copy anyone else's bike nor make it look like anyone else's

Comment

Working...
                                X