X

Yamaha R1 Tail on a 95 Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha R1 Tail on a 95 Kat 600

so im not sure exactly where to post this at, but I would like to put a Yamaha R1 tail on my Kat. I am doing a street fighter and i want this tail on it. Just not too sure how to go about it. How much welding will have to be done ect. If anyone has done this could you plz explain to me with pics on how to go about doing this. Thanks.
    J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

good luck an post up a how-to when your finished
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

will do. i am looking at a 05" R1 subframe as i love the look. soon as it gets here i will be having a friend do the cutting and welding for me so i will do a step by step write up for ne one else wanting to use that same year tail.

Comment

any luck on the tail swap yet mate as im itching to see how it comes out and how difficult it is to do???

cheers

Comment

If you do cut off the 600 tail, be sure to save the cross braces and tail section for sale. There are people who want to put it on their pre 750s.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yes I would be one of those interested in the rear sub frame of the pre 600.....let me know if you decide to go this route.
            1996 Suzuki Katana 750
            Gixxer 1100 (141.6hp at the wheel)
            '08 Hayabusa Front End Swap

Comment

I would love to do the same swap but i cant weld yet and if i were to to do this id have someone i knew how to weld to do it , but i have seen it done were the subframe was able to be a bolt on but it took alot of to make brackets and have everything lined up i hope to see a write up from you soon lol

Comment

any luck on the tail swap yet mate as im itching to see how it comes out and how difficult it is to do???

cheers
                i have all the dimensions measured, waiting to order the tail section. soon as its here i will start the write up/how to.

If you do cut off the 600 tail, be sure to save the cross braces and tail section for sale. There are people who want to put it on their pre 750s.

Krey
                will do. thanks for the heads up.

Yes I would be one of those interested in the rear sub frame of the pre 600.....let me know if you decide to go this route.
                soon as i get the r1 tail i will notify you about the sub frame.

I would love to do the same swap but i cant weld yet and if i were to to do this id have someone i knew how to weld to do it , but i have seen it done were the subframe was able to be a bolt on but it took alot of to make brackets and have everything lined up i hope to see a write up from you soon lol
                I havent seen if the r1 tail is aluminum or steel. im most likely going to make a mounting bracket so i can bolt/un bolt it when needed.

Comment

I'm pretty confident in saying the R1 subframe is aluminum, along with the rest of the frame for that bike.
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Where do you find a sub frame tail? Been looking on eBay don't see them.

Comment

Only thing I can think of would be to check bike junkyards. only part of the actual tail I see on ebay is the fairing.
                      1992- project katfighter
                      2005- GSXR750
                      2001- TL1000R
                      www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                        Where do you find a sub frame tail? Been looking on eBay don't see them.

I got 41 results with "r1 sub frame" on ebay.

Most of them are exactly that.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I plan on doing this very swap on my Kat as soon as I get it here- I have everything already- the subframe, plastics, seat, electrics tray and fender-delete etc. All off an 01. yes, the R1 subrame is aluminum. I have already cut off my subframe off the frame of my kat, when I get the bike here- next step is the mounting lugs on the frameto mount - the subframe will bolt on to the main frame, the only way to do it, as you can't weld aluminum to steel! the seat does not mesh up perfectly to the tank- but the subframe is the perfect width for the main frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisingram View Post
                            I plan on doing this very swap on my Kat as soon as I get it here- I have everything already- the subframe, plastics, seat, electrics tray and fender-delete etc. All off an 01. yes, the R1 subrame is aluminum. I have already cut off my subframe off the frame of my kat, when I get the bike here- next step is the mounting lugs on the frameto mount - the subframe will bolt on to the main frame, the only way to do it, as you can't weld aluminum to steel! the seat does not mesh up perfectly to the tank- but the subframe is the perfect width for the main frame.
                            I cant remember where i seen the bike i belive it was on here in the street fighter section but i believe he he modded either the seat or a peice off the tank to fill on the gap between the seat and the tank

Comment

Working...
                            X