No announcement yet.
X

Yamaha R1 Tail on a 95 Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put a Hayabusa rear end on an 89 Katana and it was a real pain. But if you want to do it it is possible and you will have "fun" with it..Here is a link to my build..which for those who have followed it in the past...I'm still working on it....
    Check the different folders because some of the settings for some reason got messed up.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisingram View Post
      I plan on doing this very swap on my Kat as soon as I get it here- I have everything already- the subframe, plastics, seat, electrics tray and fender-delete etc. All off an 01. yes, the R1 subrame is aluminum. I have already cut off my subframe off the frame of my kat, when I get the bike here- next step is the mounting lugs on the frameto mount - the subframe will bolt on to the main frame, the only way to do it, as you can't weld aluminum to steel! the seat does not mesh up perfectly to the tank- but the subframe is the perfect width for the main frame.
      yeah i have a friend who has a 05 r1 and we took the subframe off of it and started taking measurments and such. a friend is going to help with the mounting bracket i have it drawn just want to make sure it fits perfectly. as far as the seat goes i have a few ideas up my sleeve for it. im going to take the r1 seat and the front seat of the kat and put them together so itll look nice around the tank. i have that drawn out also. if u want the pics i can post them and u can get an idea on how to go about doing it to yours. when u get it done post pics and a write up. as i will be doing the same. cant wait to see yours when its done.
      J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

put on new clutch cable yesterday, waiting on carb gaskets and im on the road. first wheelie of the year cant wait..
        J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that I want to do the same with my bike. I have a friend who has the 05 tail on his r1 and I think it looks great. He just replaced his cans with a short one and the tail looks sweet with no cans. Any updates? I still need to find the sub-frame and tail fairings. I about to deploy for 7 months so I suppose I have time. It also helps to have a buddy around home that can go pick up parts for me if I find stuff locally.
          I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
          -Unholy m-
          Current project: Un-Katchable
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X