No announcement yet.
X

my fighter in progress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the occaisional bike night... no one. People that actually know their stuff.. maybe 75%
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

• Nice. Bike looks real nice man. one of the first bikes iv seen that makes me want to go with the single head lamp.

Comment

• I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Looking good as usual there bud!

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
          At the occaisional bike night... no one. People that actually know their stuff.. maybe 75%
          Lol, that's pretty good. I have have had a handful ask if it was suzuki, no has yet gotten katana.

Comment

• Thanks brother, sorry havent had any updates lately, been busy with school and work. Retail this time of year blows.
            The list of people that actually know their stuff in my area is very short, and most of them at one point or another owned a katana.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• awesome build :P im interested in the newer wheels mod afster rideing a friends 1999 gsx600F it just felt much more planted :P

im on a 91 gsx750F with pilot roads his bike is the 99 GSXF600 also with pilot roads

same tyres but his bike felt much more stable with a lot more mid corner grip not too mention that it looks a lot nicer
              did you need any custom work to the wheels/spacers or was it a straight swap ?

Comment

• Thanks for checking out the thread.
                The wheels are a direct swap. For the rear wheel you will also need the brake rotorand the spacers. Possibly the sprocket carrier as well. I originally left the original carrier and spacer in, but the sprocket bolts contacted the SA.
                The front wheel is a direct swap but be sure the wheel is from a 98-02 kat. The years after that Suzuki changed the hub width so those wheels wont wont as a direct swap for your bike.
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• interesting info 600/750 use the same wheels dont they :P my mods to my bike so far are mostly cosmetic as im makeing it more to my own (rather derranged) tastes
                  any extra grip is worth the price to me as were getting daily 40 mph winds+(always seem to hit side on too :/) its rained here every day for the last month and our roads are greasy to start with (uk coastal city)

thanks for the info

yours is a fantastic build so far :P and has given me some great ideas
                  my own mods for the future are
                  Bandit 12 shock and engine
                  possible GSXR750 full front end usd brakes and wheel
                  full single seat conversion

really interesting build i just sat and read this thread from page one @ 5.49 am
                  it looked like you almost had the exaust on the ground in some of those pics crazy lean angle
                  loveing this whole idea with the EFI how come your doing it through what are the perfomance bennifits may i ask ?

Comment

• Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                    Thanks for checking out the thread.
                    The wheels are a direct swap. For the rear wheel you will also need the brake rotorand the spacers. Possibly the sprocket carrier as well. I originally left the original carrier and spacer in, but the sprocket bolts contacted the SA.
                    The front wheel is a direct swap but be sure the wheel is from a 98-02 kat. The years after that Suzuki changed the hub width so those wheels wont wont as a direct swap for your bike.
                    Your saying the rear is from a post?
                    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
                    -Unholy m-
                    Current project: Un-Katchable
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by fireyphoenix1989 View Post
                      interesting info 600/750 use the same wheels dont they :P my mods to my bike so far are mostly cosmetic as im makeing it more to my own (rather derranged) tastes
                      any extra grip is worth the price to me as were getting daily 40 mph winds+(always seem to hit side on too :/) its rained here every day for the last month and our roads are greasy to start with (uk coastal city)

thanks for the info

yours is a fantastic build so far :P and has given me some great ideas
                      my own mods for the future are
                      Bandit 12 shock and engine
                      possible GSXR750 full front end usd brakes and wheel
                      full single seat conversion

really interesting build i just sat and read this thread from page one @ 5.49 am
                      it looked like you almost had the exaust on the ground in some of those pics crazy lean angle
                      loveing this whole idea with the EFI how come your doing it through what are the perfomance bennifits may i ask ?
                      Same wheels for 600/750. I really appreciate you taking the time to enjoy the thread so far. it has much to go yet. Since I may not be done done with the 771 build this winter I may put the efi on the 600 til the engine is done, when I do that and tune it I'll give y'all my impression of the stockish performance benefits. The main reason Im doin it is to be different.

Originally posted by chrisgreer23 View Post
                      Your saying the rear is from a post?
                      Yes both front and rear wheels are from a 2000 600 kat.
                      1992- project katfighter
                      2005- GSXR750
                      2001- TL1000R
                      www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• Woohoo back to having fun at making a mess. Chopping up the harness, getting rig of all the unused connections and ecessive wire length, as well as upgrading the power wires nd grounds.
                        1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• what headlight and mounting brackets for it do you have? im looking to find something similar and cheap

Comment

• That head light is from a 1975 Norton Commando. The brackets are just an inepensive set from ebay.
                            1992- project katfighter
                            2005- GSXR750
                            2001- TL1000R
                            www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• thanks sweet bike man. im about to tackle the wires on mine this week

Comment

• great read-Wow that took a couple days.. Excellent job on the bike, very good pictures in the twisties esp. #36! it looks like your exhaust is about to scrape in some of those leans.

Why did you change from the shorty to the long can?

I am thinking about doing the shorty like yours or doing the shorty like this sv650:
                                But with a short yoshi, I wanna cut mine because the previous owner had it rubbing against the SA and it made a hole..
                                Last edited by 1swifthawaiian7; 12-31-2011, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X