No announcement yet.
X

my fighter in progress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noticed why they weren't going into the boots, 2 of them are just ever so slightly off...I can match the boots up a few ways and get 2 bodies in. So I have some different types of intake boots on their way, including the original gsxf650 boots. Going to try and see if I can make up for that couple MM's by swapping in a few different models of intake boots.

1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

• hope you yield good results
      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
      Tony
      94 Katana 600

Comment

• Well got a little work done today after work before pops dropped in and convinced me to go for a ride.
        Now I know the 89 intake boots and the post boots are different, with the post being taller, I may have to pick up another cheap set of used boots, but I will play around with the ones I have beforehand.
        What I did accomplish was match up 3 of the intake boots to the TB's so far. I am quite happy about that. Just think I need a double of one of the boots I'm using on the right side.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• 75% of the mounting complete?! looks like i'm going to get a drive by b!tch slapped next year with all the mods you have going on.
          "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
          1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
          2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• If I have the complete engine finished by next rally I will be psyched. Just glad I may have found a cleaner tb set up for a swap than splitting the gsxr tb's.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• Did you try soaking the boots in super hot water before attaching? Should make them a bit more workable.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                Just glad I may have found a cleaner tb set up for a swap than splitting the gsxr tb's.

I agree... I have a set of gsxr TBs but i really don't want to split them. it just feels wrong.. so i think i might trade those for gsx650f TBs.
                good luck on the last boot.
                Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                Tony
                94 Katana 600

Comment

• Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                  I agree... I have a set of gsxr TBs but i really don't want to split them. it just feels wrong.. so i think i might trade those for gsx650f TBs.
                  good luck on the last boot.
                  When I get the last boot seated and identify which boots were used and in what position, expect a pm brother.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  Did you try soaking the boots in super hot water before attaching? Should make them a bit more workable.
                  The boots I am using now are plenty pliable. It was the original 1989 boots that were screwed. One even had the mounting point snap off so it was completely worthless.
                  Last edited by cintidude04; 10-08-2011, 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• Major EFI update. I'm exhausted from a rough day at work and school so I'll let the picture do my talking.

1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• Looks like a hard says work there! Congrats on the progress, I can't wait!

Comment

• Damn, making good progress!!

2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• Nice Job on getting them throttle bodies to fit! Been following your thread for quite some time now, paying even more attention to once I saw you picked up the same TB setup I did, I've played around a little trying to fit the TB's to the kats motor with out hacking the TB's up, I've looked into making my own boots with minor success but I must say that getting them to fit with a combination of the stock rubber boots would be ideal. Any chance your willing to share the winning combination with us?

Comment

• Absolutely will. I'm in class at the moment, but when I have the free time I will make a diagrahm and include in it the part numbers for the boots as well as their order.
                            1992- project katfighter
                            2005- GSXR750
                            2001- TL1000R
                            www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• Put on the saddlebags that have been in my garage all year for the first time last week for my Brookville camping trip. Needless to say I like them.
                              1992- project katfighter
                              2005- GSXR750
                              2001- TL1000R
                              www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

• Cool. I could have used something like that last time we went.to the rally. That body bag on the back of my bike was a pita.
                                Last edited by flash007; 10-28-2011, 10:56 AM.

2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                                X