No announcement yet.
X

5forty2's duKATi project. P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updates???? c'mon i have to have something before i go out to job corps. this is an awesome project
    time to nut up or shut up
    Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
    The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

The only real updates are that I had surgery in dec. (had all my toes on my left foot amputated) so i've been trying to get good at walking again. I did however pick up the duc rear wheel last week, just don't have any pics of it yet, just think gold colored brembo wheel that's on the majority of duc 916's. So I now have all the parts for the build except for the rear caliper, and a few other odds and ends. Oh, and I still need to figure out what subframe i'm gonna use, i'm thinking r1 r6, or maybe busa.
      Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

Comment

hmm sorry to hear about your misfortune. but the project sound like its comin along nicely. hope that you get to walkin around again soon
        The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Thanks man, I should be ok. My main concern is work, the doc's aren't sure yet whether or not i'll be able to go back.
          Need those hard to find crush washers for the bottom end of your forks? PM me, i've got plenty

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Comment

wow that would really suck if you cant go back to work

Comment

very nice work

nice work tuned in

cant wait to see the outcome
              Last edited by joes280; 05-15-2011, 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Some updating to come later tonight. Will be uploading some pics of the fork parts as I get em.

Comment

Ok, here they are folks!!!!!!

These have to be some of the sexiest parts i've ever seen, a huuuuuge thank you goes out to gsxfjim for taking care of these for me.

First the triples

Then the fork lowers

Last, but certainly not least, the outer fork tubes

Once again, thank you Jim, this wouldn't have ever gotten started without your influence and assistance
                  Last edited by 5forty2; 08-06-2011, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5forty2 View Post
                    Once again, thank you Jim, this wouldn't have ever gotten started without your influence and assistance

....enabler.....

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                      ....enabler.....

Krey

Always...LOL
                      http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                      http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                      '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                      "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                      "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Ok, an update is waaayyyy past due on this thing. Not much progress though, as life has a way of throwing you a curve ball or two every once in a while. I did manage to take a roadtrip to a buddhist temple in marble falls, tx where one of or members lives. I traded a stock exhaust system and $20 for a full set of fairings. I haven't taken any pics of them yet, but they aren't far off from the gunmetal color I plan for them to be upon completion of this project.

I had been planning on using an r1 tail and undertail exhaust, but in the course of discussing this several people have mentioned that they are extremely hot to sit over. I do ant to show of my sssa swap though, so I am now trying to decide between a custom left side exhaust, or a high mount for the right side. After a lot of thinking and searching, I have decided to go with the high mount. I spent about 6 hours on youtube listening to the various options and for me there was only one option, the scorpion. From what I could tell, it's going to sound amazing. If anybody spots one for a kat, I would very much appreciate a heads up.

That's all I can think of right now, i'll put up pics of the fairings in the next day or two, they are already buried in the garage.

Comment

Bout time for an update.
                          I'll keeping eye out for a scorpion for ya brother.
                          1992- project katfighter
                          2005- GSXR750
                          2001- TL1000R
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
                          X