X
X

gs500?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok if this GS500 can lift the front in every gear, that means the gearing has been changed for more torque. What that should mean to you is, when gearing is changed a sacrifice must be made. This sacrifice WILL be seen when trying to enter the freeway. the gs500 really isn't a really that great on the freeway in stock form due to it's limited power. Now knowing that the stock GS500 is limited on the freeway, we can damn near confirm that the GS500 that your looking at will barely be able to keep up with traffic.

When you increase the torque through changing the sprockets your going to loose some top end. I'm willing to bet that machine can't even make it to 75mph.

So another question comes up... How much freeway riding do you intend to do? if your only riding around town i would say GS500 would be a good choice. but if your on the freeway for more than 5 miles at a time i would keep the Kat.

As far as Arsenic and Cinti telling you not to buy from him... I'd trust their judgement enough to heed their warning.

Sorry if my post is not clear enough... I'm running a fever and it's kinda hard to think straight. so forgive me.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

Comment

Trust me, it won't lift the wheel in third unless it has a 90t sprocket.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
        As far as Arsenic and Cinti telling you not to buy from him... I'd trust their judgement enough to heed their warning.
        I don't care what Flriduh decides to do about his bike. I just want to know why Cinti didn't leave that assclown negative feedback.

Comment

We'll he could be like me and feel like there must be a really bad duckup to leave a bad rating... chalking things up to a one time slip up type assumption.
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

a 1 time slip up is one time too many.

Comment

Get a Sv650 har!

sigpic

Comment

I didn't get it current chopping my sub frame
                1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

A one time "slip up" is too much I agree Arsenic. And I do need to post a review for him.

Originally posted by GSX-600F View Post
                  I didn't get it current chopping my sub frame
                  Post some pics
                  Last edited by cintidude04; 03-24-2012, 08:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I would happily ride a GS500, just not THAT GS500.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I have a 1989 GS500. I ride it to work in the spring Mar - May to get my legs and timing together after a long winters nap.

She's stock and I like her that way.

SUZI1.jpg

Tana get's her chance in May to October when the weather is more predictable and the roads are clean. The City puts too much salt and sand down during the winter and it take a couple of months to clear things up.

Tana2_Aug_2010.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by GSX-600F View Post
                        First of all my bike is not a piece of crap okay? it gets me from a-b and runs fine that's all I care about, all I wanted to know if the GS500 was a decent bike, not to be insulted.
                        No hate or flames here. Seriously, keep the Kat. Or, if you'e really for a trade, get one that hasn't been horsewhipped. If that seat of the pants kick is something you want, change the kat's sprock/s.
                        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Not getting it, I'm making my own, working on the frame today.

1992 kat 600 Mods, mesh sides dual head lights custom mounted gauges, racing chain, integrated tail light, custom mounted license plate mount. :bunny2

Comment

are you using duplicolor metalcast over bare steel?

no bueno.

that stuff needs an undercoat to adhere to properly. i'd be shocked if it didn't start lifting or flaking before the end of summer...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I would suggest you stop asking people for their opinions if you don't want to hear them.

Scotty/Chris... simmer down no matter how correct you may be.

This thread serves no further purpose... so closed.
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X