Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

so i got a 1993 gsx-f.!!! what should i do to it!!! (plz Help)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    88-97 600 and 750 uses the same thing.
    thank you!!!

are gsxr cables different!!
    Last edited by katanalaboricua; 03-13-2012, 09:54 AM.
    Its not that i don't care... wait , that's exactly what is!!

Comment

ok received the cables yesterday, replaced and worked!! so i get to check that off!
      Also received new grips, tank guard and tinted visor!!!

will be posting pics soon!! basic stuff this year once its all set i will explor mod world!

Comment

hey i want to get a extended swing arm, but as we know i no zero about bikes? should i buy swing arm extension? buy a longer one from a different bike? or should i just weld some tubing?

i dont want a bigger wheel just longer or should i get a bigger wheel?
        let me know guys thank you in advance!

Comment

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Just pull the spark plug wires for cylinder #2 and cylinder #4. That's a way cheaper and easier way to ruin your bike.

Comment

Originally posted by katanalaboricua View Post
              hey i want to get a extended swing arm, but as we know i no zero about bikes? should i buy swing arm extension? buy a longer one from a different bike? or should i just weld some tubing?

i dont want a bigger wheel just longer or should i get a bigger wheel?
              let me know guys thank you in advance!

An extended swingarm will reduce the performance of the bike, and to even get a close to correct ride would require additional suspension work to make it "right". It's purely for visuals as there would need to be a major engine swap with alot of work done to the new motor to warrant a actual need for an extended arm... now, that said... you want the bling, so...

The cheap way that will give you the look but make the suspension suck even more than it does now...

Take the swingarm to a welding shop and have them extend it (I will always refuse to recomend the bolt on options.... )

A better way...

Get GSXFJim to make you some weld on extensions that use an updated version of SS adjusters (much more bling).

The best way...

Use GSXFJim's extensions welded on, with a larger wheel like a 5.5" rim, and have Tmod adjust the suspension so your pitiful stock shock can be replaced with something that will keep the rear from bottoming out the suspension every time you sit on it.

If you can't find a local welding shop, I know a guy....

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ok ill leave it as is!!! thanks

Comment

So today i began the basics. I am not a painter by trade by any means so i will do everything with the help of my father in law who is awsome..

we went ove whats going to happen as far as grit paper, paint type (can or gun) how to remove paint not half the body parts!!:bunny2

decided on colors and graphics. all black..some graphics on the side (grey/red) painting the rims black with a red wheel strip that will say gsxF.
                  the mirror was painted black but they did a hell of a ****ty job, so i will remove paint and redo black again. maybe red bolts idk yet!!

there are some cracks on the bike so we will have to patch that up first!

While i clean the bike my father in law will be cleaning out the carbs, gas tank getting new all new oils ((( what oil should i use.. ?))
                  new brakes... a tune up!!

So here is a tough i decided to buy black paint but its in a can,, my father in law says that i should buy a quart or paint and use a gun and compressor,, what are the advantages of either.. time is not an issue i would rather use a gun if its gonna look better!!

will post pics when its all apart

Last edited by katanalaboricua; 04-10-2012, 07:34 PM. Reason: bad pic upload

Comment

Photobucket has an image code you can use to post pics.
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                      Photobucket has an image code you can use to post pics.
                      thankx.. better now!!
                      :bunny2

the first pic is just a photoshop.. i used the design Javy has on his bike.. looks so good!
                      Last edited by katanalaboricua; 04-10-2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

any tires for sale for my bike?

Comment

once you get it running good and decide you want to keep it,.check out this thread for ideas
                          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Checking out members garages for ideas, first spend some time on full maintenance.
                            Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-07-2014, 07:21 PM.
                            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran
                            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                            X