No announcement yet.
X

Things People Ask You To Do While You Are Stopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weirdest thing I've been asked while at a stop was to get behind the wheel of a guys broke-down truck while he pushed it to the side. Maybe not that weird a request but, I felt odd sitting in a stranger's truck with helmet, jacket, and gloves on (esp the helmet).
    sigpic
    Currant Toys...
    '02 Suzuki GSX750F
    '74 Yamaha MX360
    '69 Camaro

Comment

• I got off my Kat today, started taking off gloves/helmet/etc. Guy walks up and says:
      "Hey you wanna go out some time?"
      "What do you mean?"
      "Go out and date."
      "No, sorry"
      Guy walks away.

I was hoping maybe one of the other bikes there was his and he was asking to ride together... nope.

And now I'm trying to figure out which part of the bike or my outfit or what made him think I was into guys...

Comment

• haha
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

• Originally posted by foxox View Post
          And now I'm trying to figure out which part of the bike or my outfit or what made him think I was into guys...
          It's a KATANA, 'nuff said.

Comment

• Mint thread! just spent a good couple hours reading the whole thing...

i've only ever had the usual -

you're gona kill yourself on that thing! (Yeah probably but sh*t happens eh)
            do a wheelie! (urm, no)
            how fast does that go/ how much did that cost? (enough)

Comment

• Originally posted by bart View Post
              got a few funny stories. 2 from my very first ride (1st bike, still learning). As soon as i pull out the apt parking lot onto the road i have a car tailgating me. The wind, the vibrations, the exhaust sounds... Sure felt to me like i was going near-freeway speeds. I motion the guy around, expecting some young punk kid in a ricer. Turns out it's this middle-eastern fella, probably about 90 years old. Looked like a cross between a raisin and yoda. Then i check the speedo and i'm doing just under 15 mph.
              love it. I can so relate.

Comment

• "When are you going to get a real bike" this from a guy in a group of HD riders. Just before I passed his a$$ to let him know his saddle bag was falling off. He liked my bike a little better then.
                When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

• A bum at the gas station yells "Get off MY BIKE" God knows what was he on

Comment

• Went to walmart. When I got out 2 kids where looking at my bike. Typical questions at first. how fast does it go etc. Then one kid asks "wouldnt it hurt if you fell off?" Um yes, but the idea is try not too fall off.

Then yesterday I was out with a fiew friends. I'm standing there wearing my gear and holding my helmet. A non riding budy of mine says "Did you ride here?" I instantly thought of other people here that have posted up this same situation. My Response. No i just brought my helmet.

Comment

• When i was 20 i bought a 97' ninja 250 to commute with. after my younger brother convinced me to take him with me to town. we thought we were the sh!t with all the people looking our way . till a acme glass truck pulled up beside us at a light and we turned to see. needless to say the movie dumb and dumber rings a bell! only thing said to each other during the ride home was never again!!!!!!! now i know why cagers never said anything, they were in shock " grape ape"
                      "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                      1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                      2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• will you forgive me for running over you and destroying your bike?
                        why wont you talk to me?
                        are you mad?
                        do you want to file a police report?
                        Carpie Diem!

Comment

• I spent the last few weeks fixing up my friends 93 Kat. It was down and sat for a few years. So a few rattle cans of paint and copious amounts of carb cleaner, I rode it to work for a shakedown.
                          A Coworker, decent enough kid but doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut, starts commenting on the "crappy paint and scratches etc"

My Reply: "Where the F**k is YOUR bike?? Oh I forgot you're a Sidewalk Commando! Why don't you go out and get a chain drive wallet and a motorcycle T-shirt then you'll be a Real Man!!"

Maybe came down a bit hard on him but he definitely got the message.
                          That which does not kill us makes us angry!

$10k and 100 miles doesn't make you a biker.

Comment

• i love the "sidewalk commando" crack. awesome.
                            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Originally posted by WildKat View Post
                              Whats you're weirdest request that you've received when sitting at a stoplight, or pull into a parking lot on your bike?

You know the perverbial.. will that thing wheelie ? how fast does it go ? Can I have a ride on it? or have you gotten some really off the wall request ?
                              Not weird but I once had a Chinese lady at a gas station walk up to me and say" you need good woman on back of bike", she just kept repeating this over and over again...

Comment

• Sounds like an offer...
                                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                                X