X

Things People Ask You To Do While You Are Stopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I would revive the thread.

Before my Kat I have a black V-Star. guy in truck pulls up beside me at a red light and looks at my bike. Gives his head a scratch and says "Cant pick up too many hookers on that thing..." I looked in his truck and noticed his male passenger. I started laughing because I was thinking to myself that it must be a slow day on the stroll if that was the best he could pick up. He thought I was laughing at his witty comment.

Comment

• Shameless bump. New riding season, lets get new posts!

Showed a picture of my bike to my gfs dad, he asked if I would install a sissy bar and seatbelts for her when she rides.... um... no
      Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

• Rode the bike out to the firing range yesterday. First thing when I get off the bike I get asked if that's my bike. No, it's my truck. I hit a guard rail on the way out here and half of it's missing.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
          CKNOFDC
          Brilliant!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

• Stopped at a light and three 10 - 12 year old wanna be hoodies are looking at the bike "What if I were to steal your bike?" one of them says, "What if you were to finish school, become a doctor and buy a better one!" Light changed, I rode off while they looked at each other.

Comment

• I got aked ' is it fast ' i say its faster then a zx-14 and the mighty busa . 0-60 in 2 sec.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
                I love when people call it a can of tuna. I actually wanted to get the license plate CKNOFDC - think about it.
                Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                sigpic

Comment

• oooh, I got one. I was stopped and someone asked me to power up. I don't know what that means. Well, the bike was on. So it was powered up. What does power up mean to you?

I had some little kid in his parents car do the wheelie motion, so i decided to show off a little. Come on, he was a kid. Had to.

Originally posted by expvet View Post
                  Stopped at a light and three 10 - 12 year old wanna be hoodies are looking at the bike "What if I were to steal your bike?" one of them says, "What if you were to finish school, become a doctor and buy a better one!" Light changed, I rode off while they looked at each other.
                  Awesome. Though a better suggestion would be become a crack dealer so they can get shot before they rob you.
                  Last edited by newkatbie; 04-01-2011, 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Love the thread. Got some good stuff.
                    When life has you by the balls. Grab life by the horns. DON'T BE AFRAID TO LET ER' BUCK!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fault View Post
                      Shameless bump. New riding season, lets get new posts!

Showed a picture of my bike to my gfs dad, he asked if I would install a sissy bar and seatbelts for her when she rides.... um... no
                      tell him thats what ur grab bar is for. lol

Since ive been taking my zx14 out, i dont get many questions... just kids giving me the wheelie sign and thumbs up. occasioanly will get a few hot chicks around the mall giving me the call me sign but no stupid questions this year. lol
                      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                      Current Bikes:
                      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by expvet View Post
                        Stopped at a light and three 10 - 12 year old wanna be hoodies are looking at the bike "What if I were to steal your bike?" one of them says, "What if you were to finish school, become a doctor and buy a better one!" Light changed, I rode off while they looked at each other.
                        Fantastic!
                        Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

Comment

• Originally posted by roadracer127 View Post
                          I stopped to get gas one time a women came and asked for a knife to open something she just bought. I asked why she thought I had a blade. she said with the most serious look on her face "all bikers have either a knife or a gun with them". "Im sorry mam im a the gun carrying biker but I would be more than glad to shoot it open for you" wow maybe I was left out of the loop on weapon thing.

Ugh... I carry a gun while riding. Lol. I carry my gun everywhere. CCW

Comment

• Originally posted by DerrickJr View Post
                            Ugh... I carry a gun while riding. Lol. I carry my gun everywhere. CCW
                            LMAO
                            I was puled over by a cop on a harley and asked If I minded if he takes my bike for a ride .I told him sure if I get to chase him and flash the lights and use the siren .He took my I.D an I sat on the curb while he ran the check .Then I let him take it for a toot I thought what the hell .....Im glad I did ,When he came back thanked me and then while talking he points out ,My licence and sticker for my plate had expired .....I was totally supprised :O he told me go take care of it ......The MTO licence office couldnt believe I didnt get a ticket .
                            Sometimes its not so bad to give a break to a fellow biker .
                            Cops have a sh*t job and some are sh*ts but most are guys that are just doing a job .I think of them as society's garbage men ,They take care of the garbage we dont know about and dont want to know about .

besides they have guns
                            Last edited by Irish; 04-14-2011, 06:33 PM.
                            I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

• A drunk guy climbed onto the back of my bike one night when I was stuck in downtown traffic. He tried to grind up against me and said "I wish you were under me instead". A swift helmet headbutt to his nose got him off my bike quick. lol

There's always the surprised "You ride that bike?" No, I just suit up and push it around town.

I have to admit I enjoy the appreciate looks and the nice compliments from the gentlemen. The double-takes are funny to see, especially when I pull up to people at lights. Cracks me up every time. Most chicks on bikes around here are on Harleys, so I'm still a bit of a novelty on my bike. But have to watch out for the idiots that try to catch up to get a second look.
                              "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Helen Keller

Comment

• Originally posted by SuzukiGirl600 View Post
                                A drunk guy climbed onto the back of my bike one night when I was stuck in downtown traffic. He tried to grind up against me and said "I wish you were under me instead". A swift helmet headbutt to his nose got him off my bike quick. lol
                                I don't have much trouble with guys climbing on back, but I'll have to remember that if I ever do! More often it's young women (not a bad thing, necessarily). I hate surprises like that when I'm riding--I've come close to tipping off the bike when a girl jumped on behind me from the right side and I didn't see her coming.
                                High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                                X