Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

The Official Holy Cow Craigslist Ads Thread!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
    It's worth every penny...............all five of them.
    I figured if that thing was worth $2,000, then mine was worth about $6,000.

Comment

• I think people in the michigan area must be crazy or something

This is one that just made me chuckle not because of the price

I must have seen 5 or 6 with low miles like this wonder if someone
      found a truck load of instrument clusters on of them had 7miles on it

Last edited by djdaredevil; 05-24-2012, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• $6k is that dude on crack!?
        never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
        Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
        confused katana build

Comment

• custom suzuki motorcycle - $1800 (orange)

Custom 89 suzuki katana 600. Not a beauty queen but runs great, new tires less than 2k on them, new chain and sprockets, just changed the oil, lowered with custom dog bones, flat black paint, stripped plastics, custom front end, custom light, custom backrest. Very fast very smooth bike. I'm selling to get a cruiser for my long commute. Bike could be cleaned up or ridden mad max style like I have been doing. $1800 obo, very motivated to sell, current registration and title in hand.

Honda kawasaki suzuki yamaha cruiser street fighter fast cheap starter bike rocket crotch shadow vtx vt 600 650 800 1000 1200 1300 1500 1600 1800 touring barter trade must weekend
          Attached Files
          http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by wickeded View Post
            http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcd/3013279773.html

custom suzuki motorcycle - $1800 (orange)

Custom 89 suzuki katana 600. Not a beauty queen but runs great, new tires less than 2k on them, new chain and sprockets, just changed the oil, lowered with custom dog bones, flat black paint, stripped plastics, custom front end, custom light, custom backrest. Very fast very smooth bike. I'm selling to get a cruiser for my long commute. Bike could be cleaned up or ridden mad max style like I have been doing. $1800 obo, very motivated to sell, current registration and title in hand.

Honda kawasaki suzuki yamaha cruiser street fighter fast cheap starter bike rocket crotch shadow vtx vt 600 650 800 1000 1200 1300 1500 1600 1800 touring barter trade must weekend
            That Custom Front End looks like a 21" retro dirt bike wheel!
            sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
            1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
            First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
            Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

• Gotta admit, it looks like he did a nice job with the backrest. That'd make it worth at least $50.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Check this one out, in York,PA. Not quite a Katana, but a GSXR (so they claim) cant tell.

Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

• that last one looks like chewbacka on wheels lol who would do something like that to a bike

Comment

• I'm surprised the poor thing hasn't run away because of what the owner did to it
                    if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

• Wonder if the multi-tool comes with a grooming comb...
                      "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• Anybody else notice that Crazedlist.org is out of order? Their homepage just says:

SORRY! crazedlist is down until further notice.
                        it's been real, it's been fun, it's been real fun.

I did some searching and while I didn't find anything definitive, it looks like Craigslist has deliberately altered their servers to shut down search engines like Crazedlist and SearchTempest. (SearchTempest has altered their approach to get back online already.) The going theory seems to be that Craigslist is 25% owned by E-bay and has altered things to prevent anything other than local searches to avoid being in competition with E-Bay.

Kinda stinks. I really liked Crazedlist, especially since I'm living in an area that doesn't fit exactly in a single CL search area. SearchTempest doesn't seem to work nearly as well for me.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                          Anybody else notice that Crazedlist.org is out of order? Their homepage just says:

I did some searching and while I didn't find anything definitive, it looks like Craigslist has deliberately altered their servers to shut down search engines like Crazedlist and SearchTempest. (SearchTempest has altered their approach to get back online already.) The going theory seems to be that Craigslist is 25% owned by E-bay and has altered things to prevent anything other than local searches to avoid being in competition with E-Bay.

Kinda stinks. I really liked Crazedlist, especially since I'm living in an area that doesn't fit exactly in a single CL search area. SearchTempest doesn't seem to work nearly as well for me.
                          I noticed searchtempest has been really bad with
                          giving you the right results. I don't think ebay has any stake
                          in craigslist they have kijiji or what ever it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
                            ...I don't think ebay has any stake
                            in craigslist they have kijiji or what ever it is.
                            28.4% of a stake to be exact unless they've sold since Sep 2010. (Yeah, right...)

E-Bay owns Markplaats.nl and Kijii outright.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                              Anybody else notice that Crazedlist.org is out of order? Their homepage just says:

The real truth is that search engines like that go against the Terms and Conditions of Craigslist and are not authorized by Craigslist. Never have been, never will be. If they had simply asked Craiglist before they did it and worked something out, that would be a different story. Things like copyright violation and hotlinking to CL ads are illegal and all that jazz. Has nothing to do with Ebay, CL has shut down many a site like that before Ebay ever stepped in.

I can see why those websites do what they do, but at the same time I can see the view of Craigslist also.

Any copying, aggregation, display, distribution, performance or derivative use of craigslist or any content posted on craigslist whether done directly or through intermediaries (including but not limited to by means of spiders, robots, crawlers, scrapers, framing, iframes or RSS feeds) is prohibited. As a limited exception, general purpose Internet search engines and noncommercial public archives will be entitled to access craigslist without individual written agreements executed with CL that specifically authorize an exception to this prohibition if, in all cases and individual instances: (a) they provide a direct hyperlink to the relevant craigslist website, service, forum or content; (b) they access craigslist from a stable IP address using an easily identifiable agent; and (c) they comply with CL's robots.txt file; provided however, that CL may terminate this limited exception as to any search engine or public archive (or any person or entity relying on this provision to access craigslist without their own written agreement executed with CL), at any time and in its sole discretion, upon written notice, including, without limitation, by email notice.
                              Searchtempest and the like are not a general search engine and subject to legal action if CL desires.
                              Last edited by 05RedKat600; 05-28-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• CL should just come out with an option where you check off multiple locations to search

Comment

Working...
                                X