X

The mutt build aka the confused katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mutt build aka the confused katana

So seeing as the people I hang out with are getting sick of hearing about my build (cant help it im proud of my bike) i figured I'd start a build thread for my mutt of a katana, (Still thinking of a name any ideas)

work in progress
    Body
    • Swap the rear end for ducati 08 848
    • modified the front plastics to curve to window back farther(plus new smoked window)
    • filled the mirror and turn signal holes for aftermarket gsxr integrated mirror
    • pearl white paintjob with custom tribal, changed my mind and went atomic orange

Engine
    • poor mans advancer
    • coil mod

Future Plans
    • gsxr 1000 rear shock
    • gsxr swingarm modded to fit
    • gsxr front end
    • efi conversion
    • custom bent headers
    • gsxr cams

for now i just have some shots of the plastics in progress btw for anyone doing fairing work abs cement is the best invention ever made for me i went to home depot and picked up a gallon of acetone poured it into mason jars and filled with abs plastic a week later and you have abs cement

before pic

ducati rear end before and after the miracle of abs cement

currently working on the left side

Finished the right side tonight

Attached Files
    Last edited by blitz2190; 05-28-2012, 10:42 PM.
    never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
    Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
    confused katana build

looking good man, I would love to do a flush mount turn single for mine!

Comment

I have the slim flush mount signals if ur interested i removed them for the integrated one on the mirrors
      never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

confused katana build

Comment

headlight mod

so this is a rough mock up of what the headlight will look like any opinions? will be 2 hids retro fitted when im done

Attached Files

confused katana build

Comment

This would give the Kat a reto new look if you ask me! look's like it would work well with the body line's.

Comment

i figured between that and the new gsxr mirror that im mounting farther back it will give it a more sport bike appearance

as for the flush mounts i have the front and i did find a crack if that means anything to you didnt notice until just now
            Attached Files
            Last edited by blitz2190; 05-06-2012, 09:44 PM.

confused katana build

Comment

Mind if I steal that headlight idea?

97 Katana 600

Comment

haha go for it just be prepared to get really good with a plastic welder

confused katana build

Comment

lol oh i will it's a nice design. me and my gf were staring at it for a half hour trying to figure something out lol

97 Katana 600

Comment

basically where ever there is green will be plastic, if you try this i cant recommend abs cement enough best invention ever

confused katana build

Comment

Check out my HID retrofit worklog. Might help with yours although I didn't stick any plastic in front of the light.

Just replace that signal light. They're cheap.
                      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

that was for 95GSX600noob my new signals are integrated into my mirrors which i just finished a mount for one side took a solid three hours with plastic welder

confused katana build

Comment

You may hve to hold on to them for a bit, as I just got mine up and going I need to save some spending money right now. Give me a week or so and I'll let you know about them flush mounts.

Comment

ok let me know there not going anywhere, also if anyone needs ill have a whole tail section of a 750 if anyone needs parts will be chopped off flush at the frame when i pick up the final plastics for the ducati this week

confused katana build

Comment

can't wait to see that ducati tail end on her.

97 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                              X