• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasnt there , sucks to get tickets ,be safe
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
      if you want to ride like a douche bag dont cry like a school girl when you get a ticket
      +1 If you had time to gear down.....you had time to stop or at least be in a position where the driver of the semi would see you. Not a wise move..
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Man sorry to hear that, I got hit like that a year ago when a car slammed on it's breaks and I had to swerve around it and got a ticket for reckless driving I feel your anger
        J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

Porbably not how this guy thought his thread would turn out.

This isnt a GSXR forum, this is Katriders where the majority of the riders are adult and dont ride than idiots. You got a ticket, and you deserved it.
          Originally posted by arsenic
          93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

ibtl also
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

Wow. How many times have I read that it's wise to keep the Kat in the power band so that if you need to accelerate to get out of the way of something, you can?

I wasn't there to see what happened, but today while driving my cage in to work, I was ran off the road by someone in a Z28 that apparently forgot they were driving in the middle of a curve, and just let go of the steering wheel, again - IN MID TURN, and would've hit me head on if I hadn't been alert and swerved off the road. And you can all bet I'd be extremely mad, and complaining if I was the one that got a ticket for doing a yard job.

Comment

Got pulled over a few months ago going 82 in a 50. The cop asked if I had any legal reason for the speeding. Just shook my head and took the ticket. So much stuff went through my head trying to think of a reason that would put the judge on my side. I was speeding to get ahead of a cluster of slower moving vehicles and was going to slow down when I was clear of them. But in the end, I payed the ticket, went to traffic school and am putting it behind me. I am out about $600 and learned my lesson. There is no situation that requires you to speed to get out of it that you couldn't have just avoided in the first place. Ride smart and safe man.

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                  +1 If you had time to gear down.....you had time to stop or at least be in a position where the driver of the semi would see you. Not a wise move..
                  Hey, Slo and others...I'm not raggin on anybody, but I'm puzzled. I've been in similar situations, and it's always seemed safer to me to accelerate than to brake out of trouble:

1) I'm already looking forward so I know if/where a gap is in front of me;

2 If I have to check mirrors to make sure i won't get hit by someone following me, I'm already out of time to evade;

3) Given point 2 above, bike can accelerate quickly, but it can brake VERY fast--fast enough to really surprise someone behind me and that always seems more likely to get me hit.

I take your point about always being alert: If you always anticipate trouble and create a safety buffer around you, in theory you'll always have time to respond safely. Unfortunately, in heavy traffic, that buffer is constantly challenged and I have had situations develop (someone changing lanes on top of me without looking) that simply could not be avoided by anticipation. Evasive action was required, and I had to choose whether I could accelerate out of trouble faster, or brake out of trouble without putting myself in greater danger from behind. This was a car, so there was ample time to brake carefully to avoid being hit. A B-double semi can be 85ft long here, and if you're near the front it takes longer to brake behind him than it does to accelerate out the front. Shouldn't there be more allowance for rider judgment in such cases?

BTW, I don't mean accelerating over the horizon, or getting up to mach 2 (if that's what happened, Scottyj, I'm afraid you earned that ticket).

Stay safe,
                  High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by scottyj View Post
                    Any cops on this forum, tough, get a better job.
                    Let me start with this: F*ck you, you low life Sh*tbird. Riders like you make us all look bad. Shame that it seems the only people (and I use that term "people" loosely) that dislike Police, are the one's that lack the necessary ability to control themselves, and act like human f*cking beings.

Having said that...no. Ya know what? F*ck you, really. And if this reply isn't clear enough, let me know, and I'll try to dumb it down for ya, kiddo.
                    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                    Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                      Let me start with this: F*ck you, you low life Sh*tbird. Riders like you make us all look bad. Shame that it seems the only people (and I use that term "people" loosely) that dislike Police, are the one's that lack the necessary ability to control themselves, and act like human f*cking beings.

Having said that...no. Ya know what? F*ck you, really. And if this reply isn't clear enough, let me know, and I'll try to dumb it down for ya, kiddo.

the OPs attitude suggests to me that he may have skewed the story to make himself sound better
                      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

just want to say that i laughed my way through this whole thread while everyone put down OP and said to slow down....probably gonna be ticked when he comes back to read it

Comment

Originally posted by DreKat View Post
                          Bad luck!
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                          Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                          R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                          1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                          RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                          3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                          Black painted seat and rear trim,
                          Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Originally posted by Absyn-thesis View Post
                            Hey, Slo and others...I'm not raggin on anybody, but I'm puzzled. I've been in similar situations, and it's always seemed safer to me to accelerate than to brake out of trouble:

2 If I have to check mirrors to make sure i won't get hit by someone following me, I'm already out of time to evade;

3) Given point 2 above, bike can accelerate quickly, but it can brake VERY fast--fast enough to really surprise someone behind me and that always seems more likely to get me hit.

I take your point about always being alert: If you always anticipate trouble and create a safety buffer around you, in theory you'll always have time to respond safely. Unfortunately, in heavy traffic, that buffer is constantly challenged and I have had situations develop (someone changing lanes on top of me without looking) that simply could not be avoided by anticipation. Evasive action was required, and I had to choose whether I could accelerate out of trouble faster, or brake out of trouble without putting myself in greater danger from behind. This was a car, so there was ample time to brake carefully to avoid being hit. A B-double semi can be 85ft long here, and if you're near the front it takes longer to brake behind him than it does to accelerate out the front. Shouldn't there be more allowance for rider judgment in such cases?

BTW, I don't mean accelerating over the horizon, or getting up to mach 2 (if that's what happened, Scottyj, I'm afraid you earned that ticket).

Stay safe,
                            Situation 1:
                            "Sir, I accelerated to clear the semi truck that was changing lanes into me... I may have overdone it a bit, I blame that on adrenaline. I apologize."

Situation 2:
                            "**** You you ****ing pig, get a real job."

One of these approaches will definitely earn you a ticket, and maybe even a beat down, the other might get you a "Ride safe."

Comment

too funny

Originally posted by Absyn-thesis View Post

Every class I've ever taken says that you should do your best to keep that gap but like you said that's really only in theory. I would say that a lot of situations allow for stopping and/or avoiding, but if it comes down to you needing to speed up and you get a ticket. Oh well, could have been worse. Don't dog on the Cops for doing their jobs. From what he saw you were speeding. That sucks, but you're alive. Very entertaining thread though. Kudos to Scout.
                              Are we riding yet?

Comment

Originally posted by scottyj View Post
                                In attempting to avoid death at the hands of a semitrailer steering into me I took yesterday the instant decision to drop 2 gears and get the hell out of dodge. This was interpreted by the sneaky pig with the radar as an ideal opportunity for some fun and the brief pursuit resulted in a megafine and enough damage to my licence to guarantee my riding around like I am on a scooter. Cops don't care about mitigating circumstances. Sorry, just mad like hell and need to vent. Speed kills my ***. Idiots, drunks, incompetants and sheer bad luck kill. Being told how to ride by some *** that was ****ting his nappies when I riding Ducatis was enough to make me cleave his head in two. I now have 3 years of being good. Don't like being good. No fun. Any cops on this forum, tough, get a better job.
                                Your an idiot. Enjoy your scooter, mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X