No announcement yet.
X

Kat rider down at 70mph.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATGATT. Be prepared for what you won't expect.

And since you were speeding why didn't you just roll off the throttle? You would have slowed down quick enough and not had your brake light on... unless of course the speed limit was slow like 35, 45 or something.

Good to see that the bike isn't totally destroyed. Plastic repair and paint can be done for a fraction of the cost of an OEM side fairing. All the little bits can be replaced for cheap from Ebay of course.

Next time be safer out there. We like the stories of gear holding up (or breaking down) better than the damn fool mistakes we all know how to prevent.

Comment

Well hindsight is 20/20 and the speeding ticket would have been cheaper and a lot less painful. Glad you are OK. And remember chicks dig scars.

dannyj
      1999 Katana 750 K&N filter, Yoshi slip-on, 2nd LED strobe brake light, white LED driving lights mounted on the front reflector bracket, amber LED strobes for PGR missions and funerals, American and PGR Flag mount. Because its the right thing to do!

Comment

Originally posted by Bandito View Post
        ATGATT. Be prepared for what you won't expect.

And since you were speeding why didn't you just roll off the throttle? You would have slowed down quick enough and not had your brake light on... unless of course the speed limit was slow like 35, 45 or something.

Good to see that the bike isn't totally destroyed. Plastic repair and paint can be done for a fraction of the cost of an OEM side fairing. All the little bits can be replaced for cheap from Ebay of course.

Next time be safer out there. We like the stories of gear holding up (or breaking down) better than the damn fool mistakes we all know how to prevent.
        yeah the speed limit was 30mph....like I said the funny thing about it is the cop said even if i would of zoomed by him he would of just thrown me a peace sign and kept doing what he was doing.....only if I had known! Apparently the police where I live have a "no chase" deal with motorcycles.
        sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

Working...
        X