X

Kat rider down at 70mph.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat rider down at 70mph.....

So after nearly 10 years of riding street bikes with only a few close calls, I finally bit the dust this past wednesday. I was winding her out down my road and was up to about 75mph when I saw a cop who had a car pulled over on the opposite side of the road and I hit my front brake and obviously I hit it too damn hard because my front locked up and threw me off the bike. I slid and rolled for about 20 yards across the road and ended up in a ditch. my poor kat slid about 30 yards down the road before skidding across a gravel driveway and hitting a small tree. I was in a rush to run an errand and only had on shorts and a cut off sleeve t-shirt. Luckily I only sustained serious road rash on my arms, legs, and back. My kat has tons of scratched plastic, bent handle bars, bent pipe, broken pegs, and cracked my engine oil compartment. I figure it's gonna cost a few grand to fix everything and if any of you guys could help with used or cheap parts I would greatly appreciate it. I will post pics in a bit. funny thing about it was I knew the cop and he said even if it wouldn't of been me he would of just waved as I went by even if it was at 100mph....only if I had known that then........
    sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

glad you got up, could have been alot worse. Good luck getting her all back together.

Comment

You know I am local to you. If you need help with working on the bike give me a shout. I will come help out. I can get you factory parts for a cheap price as well. What road was you on? Was it Metro or THP?
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Glad to hear you're okay!~
        "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

pics of the damage

bike 1.jpg

bike 2.jpg

bike 3.jpg

bike 4.jpg

bike 5.jpg

me 1.jpg

me 2.jpg

me 3.jpg
          sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

sorry to hear that bro. glad youre ok.
            Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
            '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

dam sorry man i know that hurts!!!

wish you the best of luck soory to hear that happening to a fellow kat owner!!!!!

Comment

Glad you're Ok... considering.
                Keep it clean & lots of polysporin
                For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.
                - Ecc 12:14

Comment

Wow that looks painful!!! Hope you heal up quick bro!
                  Bill
                  1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
                  sigpic

Comment

Dont know if you want one, but I have 2 stock exhausts. I'll donate one to ya, for the price of shipping.

Glad you have scars, and not worse permanant damage.
                    ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                    チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                    Semper Fi

Comment

I hate to be THAT girl, but here goes- WTF were you thinking? I mean 75 MPH with no gear! Use your head man! End rant, glad you're relatively OK because it sure could have been worse.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      I have gone to find myself......If I get back before I return............Keep me here!

Comment

I went down last weekend at about 40 at the end of the Socal Kat Rally. Full gear on brother..........not a scratch. I do have a stretched ham string and an impact bruise on the back of my leg. Helmet has a rubber impact scrape on the left side and the faceshield was knocked off. Im OK but the Kat has some plastics damage and no windshield or left mirror. ALWAYS dress for the crash man..........ALWAYS. Hope you heal up soon.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrsNITRO View Post
                          I hate to be THAT girl, but here goes- WTF were you thinking? I mean 75 MPH with no gear! Use your head man! End rant, glad you're relatively OK because it sure could have been worse.
                          I agree, when you roll over onto that rashed part of your skin at night and wake up from the pain, take it as a lesson learned and buy, or if you have gear, use it please. I'm glad to hear you came out of it with just rash. The bike can always be fixed. Heal up quick.
                          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

If you can survive from it, you can learn from it... ATGATT.

Hope you get to feeling better soon. It's gonna suck when the wounds scab over and want to limit your movement... especially when you react past that limit to somthing.

BTW... here is that oppertunity to repaint the bike in a color you like better you have thought about and dismissed in the back of your mind.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

70 mph, no gear and that's all you got? Go buy a lottery ticket. You've got some luck on your side! Glad you're... well, not really OK but at least not nearly as bad off as you could be.

As for the bike, time to learn plastic repair...
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X