No announcement yet.
X

Slip on suggestions /Update Hindle on the way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know he picked it up from www.denniskirk.com about a year ago. I think they might have been on close out.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieMav
      I'm in the same bind. I'm still not sure if I should go with the Hindle or Yosh. Even though I like the slip on Yosh I have now...I'm almost 85% convinced on getting the Hindle!! Decsions are a biatch, aren't they.
      Two brothers two brothers two brothers two brothers...

did i menation two brothers?

I must say that even though it is a midpipe and can i say it increased my HP and performance... I love it... nice sound... and YOU know how much i liked to have gotten a hindle..
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I've been around alot.... V&H SS2R full exhaust is what my & my little bro have (pre 98 ).... bro has Two Bros on his Bandit and I LOVE IT, great sound.... buddy has Yosi slipon his '98 Kat and it sounds good..... Heard Hindle on some bike and I love it too......
        '07 SV1000S
        Power Commander III USB
        M4/Yosh Ti Full Race Exhaust
        Driven 520 chain kit
        Spiegler SS Brake & Clutch lines

Comment

Charliemav wrote:
          I'm in the same bind. I'm still not sure if I should go with the Hindle or Yosh. Even though I like the slip on Yosh I have now...I'm almost 85% convinced on getting the Hindle!! Decsions are a biatch, aren't they.
          Dont do it Charliemav, Don't go over to the dark side
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Kat-A-Tonic

Where did you pick-up your Hindle for that price? Did it come with the mid-pipe for that price too or was that little peice extra $$?
            Ridicule is the burden of genius.

Comment

When I was shopping around for Hindles, I was quoted a price of 285 plus shipping, but I really wanted the CF and that was a pretty hefty jump. Im trying to remember where that was, it was a few months back.

Comment

Anyone know a place where they have a sound clip for the Vance and Hines.. Thanks
                Custom flat black,pin stripes,mesh mod,Custom fender eliminator,signal integrator,Custom handlebars,New smoke screen,Braada cowl soon,clear signals.Later-Jet kit,K&N air filter ............................

Comment

I have a V&H on my 95 and i realy like it.Have you tried kerker?My friend has one on his 1200 Bandit and it sounds pretty good.
                  97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

Re: Slip on suggestions to replace the obnoxious D and D

Originally posted by Katana Nate
                    The D and D... was fun for awhile, but on those long trips it just gets annoying.
                    If you take long trips a lot (I do), you may want to also consider the cheapest, simplest solution out there: go back to stock. OK, it doesn't have the cool factor of the aftermarkets (by any means), and it won't unleash any horses, but it is quiet, doesn't attract cops or annoy neighbors, doesn't need to be repacked every other year, and there are no issues with fitment and midpipes.

My vote is for the Hindle, by the way

See related thread:

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Think you'll ever go up to a Hindle CP, or u staying w/ the stock ?

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                        Think you'll ever go up to a Hindle CP, or u staying w/ the stock ?
                        I'll switch to a hindle if one of two things happen:
                        (A) one pretty much falls into my lap (i.e. - someone offers me one in like-new condition for under $100); AND/OR
                        (B) My riding style changes drastically on this particular bike, so I'm not doing 600 mile days on the bike.

I love the sound of the hindle, but when you go literally that kind of distance regularly, the quieter exhaust means less noise which translates directly into less fatigue, the penultimate slayer of long-riders, as well as keeping me out of the eyes of the cops more (less attention is better). I vowed early on to give up my bike if I ever become a trailer-queeen (no insult intended, just my viewpoint for myself).

On the other hand, if I pick-up another bike for myself that doesn't replace the Kat, it would be something for 100 mile and under trips, and I'd slap a hindle on it in a heart-beat. Now if I could just talk my other half out of her desperately-in-need-of-a-repack D&D on her ninja 500, I'd be quite happy... But she won't hear of it. It's evil enough that I've thought of getting her a new bike just to be able to justify skuttling it...

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

YOSH!

kidding....you know its HINDLE or nothing!

if SPEDEE changed his Yosh's for a Hindle after just HEARING Junior, Jackal and me pull up to his house.....then you know it must be good.

If you go Hindle...get round if you want a little more aggresive sound, oval if you want a slightly quieter sound.

Comment

how do you know which of all the pipes to get with Hindle. There are so many applications, but they dont narrow it down to specific bike.
                            Custom flat black,pin stripes,mesh mod,Custom fender eliminator,signal integrator,Custom handlebars,New smoke screen,Braada cowl soon,clear signals.Later-Jet kit,K&N air filter ............................

Comment

Originally posted by Katana Nate
                              how do you know which of all the pipes to get with Hindle. There are so many applications, but they dont narrow it down to specific bike.
                              yes they do.....

Hindle Exhaust Systems is a leading manufacturer of aftermarket motorcycle exhaust systems. Our systems yield siginificant horsepower increases as well as overall weight reduction. Street, Race, MX, ATV, Snowmobile exhausts.

Comment

So the midpipe is universal for all Suzuki applications, then you just decide what can you want

Comment

Working...
                                X