Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Going from USA to South America on a KAT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FELICIDADES HIJO,ESTOY MUY COMPLACIDA POR QUE TU HAYAS PODIDO REALIZAR ESTE SUEÑO, QUE DIOS TE HAYA DADO LA OPORTUNIDAD DE CONOCER DIFERENTES Y ESPECIALES LUGARES, QUE HAYAS SENTIDO MUCHAS EMOCIONES AL CONTEMPLAR GRAN PARTE DE LA CREACION DE NUESTRO CONTINENTE DESDE EL NORTE HASTA CENTRO AMERICA Y QUE AL CONTEMPLAR TODA SU BELLEZA HAYAS PODIDO PRESENTIR LA PRESENCIA DE UN SER SUPÈRIOR AL QUE LLAMAMOS EL CREADOR
    SEGUIMOS ESPERANDOTE CON MUCHO AMOR Y EMOCION, TU SABES CUANTO VALES Y REPRESENTAS PARA NOSOTROS. t AMooooooooooooooooo

Comment

• Hola!
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

• New here on KR but I'd just like to say what you're doing is awesome! Might sound crazy but I could imagine you're adventure being turned into a book or even a screenplay....enjoy! take care and be safe!

Comment

• Quick Spanish to English translation via google...

SON, I am very pleased you could THAT MAKE THIS YOUR DREAM, THAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO KNOW DIFFERENT AND SPECIAL PLACES, that you feel many emotions Looking MUCH OF OUR CONTINENT BUILDING UP FROM NORTH AMERICA And that in contemplating its beauty you could PRESENT THE PRESENCE OF A CALL TO BE HIGHER THAN THE CREATOR
          ESPERANDOTE WITH MUCH WE LOVE AND EMOTION, YOU KNOW HOW WALLIS AND stand for. t AMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

• Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
            Quick Spanish to English translation via google...

SON, I am very pleased you could THAT MAKE THIS YOUR DREAM, THAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO KNOW DIFFERENT AND SPECIAL PLACES, that you feel many emotions Looking MUCH OF OUR CONTINENT BUILDING UP FROM NORTH AMERICA And that in contemplating its beauty you could PRESENT THE PRESENCE OF A CALL TO BE HIGHER THAN THE CREATOR
            ESPERANDOTE WITH MUCH WE LOVE AND EMOTION, YOU KNOW HOW WALLIS AND stand for. t AMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hey Guys... that translation was pretty close

And yes that's my Mother, you know, only son, and Kat Rider, and in the middle of no where....

I am from Littleton, Co.

Its very funny see the reaction of people when they see your plate, they just ask... what tha heck.... did you miss your turn or what....

Have to tell that this is a real experience of a lifetime, and you know what, maybe a Kat its not the right bike to do this... but all i have to say is...
            This motorcycle has been SO GOOD and kick some major a.s.s in so many roads, and it its so comfortable and responsive that even stock how i got this bike, its been nothing but a pleasure to ride, 8 hours riding every day, overloaded, super heavy, extreme heat, extreme extreme altitude and still goes, what a bike... i got no words...

the only thing its the chain has stretch a lit bit.... so what...
            just an incredible reliable bike.
            We are lucky to have them.

I want to thank you all of you for taking the time and reading my adventure, i hope this maybe get you out of your daily routine and put your mind flying at least for a little bit.

Ok, coming back to the trip, we went heading to Guatemala border, did not exactly what it was going to be like...

But First, we needed to check out of mexico, *** if you dont do this it will be like if you kept the bike in Mexico illegally and you will be fined and denied entry to the country in the future, so MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT YOUR BIKE AND YOUR SELF...

This is the check out point...

First let me say that the border was nothing more that a road with a small gate and hundreds of people selling merchandise and all kinds of stuff, the out of nothing this guy appeared...

Now look closely at his right hip..

Well that was the smallest of the 3 guns he had the other ones were at the other side...lol what a Character...
            No, he did not offer to cross the border with us no... he was just a money exchanger guy...
            Spoke english, used to live in Oregon, now he just do this, and scare people... LOL...

This is what the border looked like...

Last edited by FDuranCol; 10-02-2009, 10:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Wow. Your trip is amazing. I still wish I was with you.
              Last edited by ygolohcysp; 10-02-2009, 10:47 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• We rode the bikes in to Guatemala, well this was expected...

Finally arrived in to a Unique gorgeous little town next to the LAKE ATITLAN.

Not sure what percentage of the people in Guatemala are indigenous but i will guess majority...

Women here are suppose to get married and have kids at the age of 15, or other wise....

Look at this kitchen...

They sell some apple and lime and cheese pies on the street...

we stayed at this Hotel, real nice, Guatemala its just beautiful...

Now, This is the lake, between 3 volcanoes.....
                I have no words...

Last edited by FDuranCol; 10-02-2009, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• Wow! That pretty much sums it up so far. You are having an amazing journey, and I hope it continues to go so good. Keep us updated!
                  It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

• watching your trip close like a movie ...get a good nite sleep and watch out for strange things ...looks really cooooooll

Comment

• Awesome, thanks for the update! keep safe!

Comment

• looks beautiful there. Keep the pictures coming. It's like 50 degrees here! At least I can imagine being somewhere warm.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• man! This trip of yours is freaking awesome! Thanks again for posting pics and reporting back in every few days! Keep it coming and stay safe. Where was your new riding buddy heading originally?
                          Godspeed
                          CSBA #1167
                          Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

• What a great experience. Wait 'til you get to the San Blas islands. The Kuna Indians live in a time of the past. Buy some Molas while you're there. They were really popular when I was a kid living in Panama. I check this thread every day to see the pictures you post. Be safe. Take your time. This is definitely one of those situations where it's as much about the journey as it is the destination.
                            sigpic
                            A little throttle and ease out the clutch.

Comment

• wow unreal man have to say i wish i could get guts to actually do something like this. enjoy the ride be safe and i look forward to more updates

Comment

• Updates? Don't go too long without checking in!
                                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                                X