Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Going from USA to South America on a KAT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome story!
    Keep it up and enjoy the trip.

Comment

HERE IS THE UPDATE, 09/24/09...

Getting to Chihuahua small nice city, i rode around it and finally decided to get an small room in this cheap hotel, was alright, and i was able to put the bike inside the room.
      So after taking a good shower i said to my self, lets dress up and hit the city, as soonest i got out the shower, started raining, then i said i'm going anyway get some to eat and maybe better to take a cab, that way i can have a beer or so and be able to come back to the hotel safe...

Well i went eating this little place, at night and raining, it was pretty dark and then city did not seem to safe... then i saw 2 big SUV'S kind of road rage, then these two pulled over then bunch of people came out and started streetfighting.... i though, let get back to the hotel and tomorrow get tha heck out of here!!!!

Next morning i went for a small little town called santa rosalia de camargos...

Stopped for a nice breakfast.... about 3 dollars...!!!

Yeahhh that a chocolate milk shake!!!!

Then took a picture of the bike at the restaurant...

here i found some old pictures from a guy that rode mexico with an indian motorcycle, (i kind of see my self there) (previous post)
      and this one.... pretty funny...

and some other picture of LA REVOLUCION....

Here is some Mexican money....

Later i got to a town called Cuencame, then i meet the owner of a nice little villa in town, he introduced me to a police chief... i felt i could rest and relax there... so i stayed for 2 days....
      Here is the place i stayed those days...

Tomorrow ill be entering Guatemala, Thanks for watching!!!
      see you soon...
      Last edited by FDuranCol; 09-24-2009, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Awesome!
        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Awesome .... keep safe!

Comment

There's nothing better than refried beans and a chocolate milkshake for breakfast!
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

just saw this thread and its freakin awesome! Hope you get less rain on your way back....be safe and keep us updated!
              Godspeed
              CSBA #1167
              Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

You're doing this .... and I'm doing this ........... I'm jealous .... continue to roll safely .....
                The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I've seen this thread a few times, but have finally taken the time to read it. This is an awesome trip! I can't offer any advice that hasn't been given already, and it seems like you're well prepared anyway. Thank you for posting all the pics and keeping us all updated. Be safe, and enjoy the journey.

Dan

Comment

wow looks like your having a blast!!!
                    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                    k9 GSX-R 600
                    GO VOLS!

Comment

• OK, That night i stayed in this little hotel, the room was ample and really comfortable so i took Sunday off, day to rest, much needed.

Now, this room had a VERY FUNNY "Emergency Exit", because the room was in the second floor the owner said, that there was stairs in case of fire or something like that, then he sowed me the "stairs".... here they are...

**Note that the wide of the stairs is the length of my shoe....
                      I rather jump of the 2nd floor in case of emergency....

Wall art...

Last edited by FDuranCol; 09-27-2009, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• This is a real hand made wood and leather chair....

Here is their church...

inside...

Monday I headed for Zacatecas, most gorgeous town yet... has a lot of history, mecca of Francisco Villa or "Pancho Villa" and his revolution...

After some time in Zac, home of el chavo.....

Lets just get some to eat...
                        Now...these are real tortillas for burritos...

Here it is....

C'mon had o get more...

OK, I Wanted to keep going south, then i had 2 options, going trough Mex City, or go around it, off course last option sounded much better, and there was a
                        HWY that could take me straight to Puebla, so there i went.
                        Last edited by FDuranCol; 09-27-2009, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• This thread is just awesome. thanks for sharing it. At first when you said about taking this trip, I thought you were nuts. Boy was I wrong. Your doing fine and seem to be having a great time. (kinda wish I was there too). Thanks for all the updates and pics. Keep Safe!

Comment

• Just for the record I am in Guatemala/Honduras Border, resting.
                            I will join LA REVOLUCION tomorrow....

Comment

• We are all watching ...be safe , dont take chances friend

Comment

• I have to admit i did not have an idea of what i was putting my self into...

Riding in central america its more than a challenge, i love motorcycles, all my life i had admire them, like i said before preparations are important, but they never will prepare you for the unexpected...
                                I am very happy and optimistic on this trip, it is a real dream come true, from the preparations to the maps everything is very exciting......but many times, bike was too heavy, wrist already losing grip, tons of water showered me, and high mountains cold and foggy, and just when you think its going to get better, the road turns almost impossible.... you just know that you cant stop... just have to keep riding.

I love to concentrate on the route, mile after mile, i see my life flash before my eyes, and there is still more road ahead, like life it self, don't know whats going to be like in the next turn, you hope its nice, dry and paved, ....that's just hope... then you just lean and go for it... whatever its at the end of that corner you just have to deal with it.

I have learn a lot in this trip, its very enriching, have seen things that never even though will be there....

I am behind writing this report, this adventure that I'm posting, has not got it's better part yet, its just so hard to do miles or calculations on the road, and find an decent hotel to fall like a rock and rest. internet speeds are limited, but i have taken many many pictures...

they will be yours very soon.
                                Last edited by FDuranCol; 09-27-2009, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X