Could be wrong though...

Bandit... gotta be the bandit..

Comment

Originally posted by katrider
      So, the list is down to:

Z750S
      FZ6

Anyone want to add opinions on these??
      Well, the FZ6 is reasonable all-weather bomber, but the finish isn't always to notch and the bolts will corrode easily if ridden in bad weather (salt-strewn roads for example). No comments about the Z750S one way of the other -- haven't ridden one or examined one very closely. Remember, given those same basic choices, I took a Kat

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

My hesitation with the FZ6 stems from it being a 600 and I already ride a nice touring capable 600. The seating position on the Kat kills my neck after about 1½ hours, so the Fizzer would be better in that respect, but the Z750S has the bump in cubes that makes changing bikes more logical.

The B12 is still on the radar scope, it's just such a great all rounder that I can't ignore it!! But the absence of injection weighs against it. BTW...are there any issues with the new B12s carbs, like flat areas or lean surging??
        My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

Another bike in the mix...

1998 XX Blackbird (35,000 miles), Corbin, Akropavic, new tires, chain, etc...$5000 US.

Good deal?? Oh yes it is. But do I want the world's fastest tourer (besides the Busa and ZX12R)?? Hmmm, might go look this weekend.

Comment

The blackbird is an awesome bike. More comfy than the Busa for many, although a bit less torque. $5k is the right price if it has a full maintenance history and is in good shape. Ride it and decide for yourself... BUT I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT AS A STARTER BIKE...

Low retail: 4265
            Average retail: 5610
            Add $85 for the Akropavic.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Check and check mate on the Blackbird as a starter.

I've a long and (PTL) uneventful riding career, but the XX is still a daunting bike...

Comment

Dont count out the VFR 800! This thing is a Hidden jem! With the slightly smaller engine than the 1 Litre's - this thing FLY's.

Give it a test drive - everyone I have seen ride it loves it.

-Grimmy
                Race Superseries Novice Open, Amateur Superbike #224 Suzuki GSXR-1000

Comment

Viffer:

Rare beauty
                  Great Power
                  Non-VTEC version is very stout and bullet proof
                  Low insurance (lower than a gixxer 600 here in Portland for sure)

Comment

Working...
                  X