No announcement yet.
X

New bike coming...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newest issue of CycleWorld says that Kawasaki will release an up-powered version of the ZZR1200 as a ZZR1300 this fall, in the same class as the Busa, K1200S, Blackbird -- a long wheel-base "hyper" sport-tourer. Rumor would have it putting out more HP than the Busa (although I doubt it will still hit the same top-end speed because of the aerodynamics being relatively unchanged from the ZZR1200).

Just food for thought... One of the few things that has kept me from going to the ZZR1200 is the carbs -- I want my next bike to be injected for ease of maint.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Shouldnt the Busa competitor be a ZX-12 or a new ZX-13??? Remember that the 'busa is a sportbike, even if it makes up for an excelent touring bike.
      Ich lebe mein Tod, Tag für Tag!

Willkommen zu meiner Welt...

Comment

Originally posted by Süsser Tod
        Shouldnt the Busa competitor be a ZX-12 or a new ZX-13??? Remember that the 'busa is a sportbike, even if it makes up for an excelent touring bike.
        The busa is a "Hyper Sports-Tourer" officially, and the ZZR1200 and the impending ZZR1300 fall into that same catagory -- long wheelbase, good ergos, not designed for slicing and dicing up a small GP track but ruling the highways and by-ways of the real-world.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Süsser Tod

This reminds me of the joke "Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over".

After 4200 miles on the Busa I can attest that it is one helluva tourer, but the touring crowd doesn't accept it and it's possibly the last bike you think of when looking for a tourer. It's really comfortable (I'm 5'9", 175), handles really scary when the suspension is tuned right. Not too many people in the States fit it with hardbags like they do in Europe. It's easy on the back and knees, and that's where it shows it's true ancestry......It's honestly just a big Katana.

A REALLY, REALLY BIG, REALLY REALLY FAST, KATANA.

Sportbike folks are in awe of the power and throttle response but it's big, long, and heavy. Some literbikes ('05 Gix1000 and ZX-12 actually nudge past it in HP but have a hard time matching the torque and upper range power delivery). From 0-90 it's all Gix and ZX, but around 150 they'll start to whine a little while the Busa is getting ready to stretch it's legs. That's where the fairing design takes over. Take the throttle to the stops and you're still accellerating. It will never handle like a Gix but getting off a Kat you'd swear you're carving on an R1. But it's not really a sportbike.

I don't think Suzuki had a catagory for it. And once the Bling-Bling and drag race guys got ahold of it I don't think the sportbikers wanted to claim it. I know the tourers didn't. I kinda figured that out when I started talking about my Gap trip. Most people couldn't believe I was going to ride that far on my bike. "But that's what it was built for" was my response. The idea of going that fast for that distance and still being able to walk, kneel and twist without shooting pain anywhere is amazing.

BTW:The ZZR is an awesome bike!
          sigpic

Comment

Wow a kawasaki busa killer !! look out, the comparo's will be flying in every bike mag !!

Comment

Originally posted by katrider
              All great comments. I'm a bit on the wee side meself...5'9" and 160 (high school playing weight), so the ZZR is the upper edge of bikes I'd feel comfortable on, but I like the package and pricing so will go ride one.

Here's how they stack right now...

Z750S
              VFR
              ZZR
              B12

I'll hunt down and ride each one. The B12 is on the list in case I come across a midnight blue one!! They are comfortable bikes, but again, a little on the tall side.
              I am only 5'5" and have lowered my B12 with hole shot dogbones and find it very comfortable. Can flat foot now.
              If you do look at the B12's watch out for 01&02 and really check the VIN's as there was an oil burning issue.
              I compared all the bikes before going with the Bandit and found they are the very best bang for the buck.

Comment

I'm also looking at a new ride this spring, and I have found the Hyabusa is a perfect replacement for the gsx1100. If anything the seating is a little less aggressive than the kat. With bar risers and Buell foot controls, it can sit like a cb1300 or FJR, and with a corbin seat is much more comfy than a zzr. I ride with a guy that puts 15k a year on his Busa, and he loves it. And for just under 11k its a great deal. Best of both worlds, great handling, rocketship speed, and touring capability. Of course just my two cents...

Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by katrider
                  Just called...the Bandit was sold . Keep lookin...
                  Katrider, last week when I was looking at the Cycle Trader, I seem to recall an number of B12's in your area and even down into Portland.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    ...Just food for thought... One of the few things that has kept me from going to the ZZR1200 is the carbs -- I want my next bike to be injected for ease of maint.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    I agree 100%. In fact, that midnight blue B12 I posted a pic of up above had a Holeshot Stage I kit put in and the owner admitted (after he'd already sold it...) that the bike ran lean and they couldn't fatten it up. I think I'm done with carbs...unless they are on a Norton Combat Commando or somethin' 8)

So, the list is down to:

Z750S
                    FZ6

Anyone want to add opinions on these?? Funny, I also belong to a Sport Touring forum, and I posted a question about these two bikes looking for input...zero response! Zero, nada, zippo. Hmmm, must not be on the sport touring radar screen
                    My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm

After 4200 miles on the Busa I can attest that it is one helluva tourer, but the touring crowd doesn't accept it and it's possibly the last bike you think of when looking for a tourer. It's really comfortable (I'm 5'9", 175), handles really scary when the suspension is tuned right. Not too many people in the States fit it with hardbags like they do in Europe.
                      You mean like this?
                      Really cracked me up when i saw it, 300 kph touring...
                      But there actually was quite a few of them around, though this one was the most 'packed'.
                      Attached Files
                      -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

Originally posted by Lagmo
                        You mean like this?
                        Those saddle bags work. I know -- I use 'em

I bet TDRComm would love that rear rack as well -- no more UPS!

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I don't see what's so funny about that . Some people like to actually have stuff when they travel by bike !
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                            I don't see what's so funny about that . Some people like to actually have stuff when they travel by bike !
                            Just the Haya Busa going from 'Behold the Fastest bike in the world!!, the most aerodynamic bike ever!!" blah blah

to...

"A'ight mate... let's see if these glorified Samsonites can do 180Mph"

From worlds fastest motorcyle to worlds fastest luggage rack

Dunno maybe it's just my deranged sense of humor... then again i think Monty Python is some of the best comedy ever

[Edit] But yeah, from tdrcomms comment i gather that the bike IS one mother of a sweet touring cycle.
                            I even think we might see a GSX1300F some day [/Edit]
                            -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

VIFFER!

Comment

yes, viffer indeed! I would if the planets lined up just right, but right now the money isn't there for the kind I want. A brand new Z750S offered for $6499 +399 S&F, Waldron's Kaw in Issaqua, Wash. I know VFRs are going for that area with like 20,000 on the clock. I'd prefer a new bike me thinks...

question?? When did VFRs go to FI??
                                My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

Working...
                                X