X

white gauges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white gauges

I was just wondering if anyone knows if these would fit my 97 katana?
    Guías y trucos de videojuegos. Juegos Online. Trucos de GTA 5. Trucos de Fortnite, Juegos de Coches. Juegos de fútbol. Minijuegos.

I know i don't have a clock, but the could i use the three i need? Thanks.

Also, I saw something that makes your brake light act like turn signals(get rid of stock ones), good idea??? Thanks guys
    jayskat23

Those gauge faces are for 98-06. I don't know what the pre gauges are like, but I doubt they would fit.

As for the tail light, you're referring to an "integrated tail light". It has your brake light and turn signals all in the brake light assembly. Run a search for this and you will find what you are looking for.
    Let's go riding!

Comment

Gauges: nope.

Running light mods:
      Kissan technologies solution - good, but pricy. Electronic box alters power to the blinkers to make them act as running lights & blinkers (& adds four-way flashers feature).
      Adding wiring, different sockets & a twin-filament bulb - cheap, bit more labor.
      Simply adding an LED to the blinker casings - cheap, less labor.
      Swapping standard brake lights to blinker-integrated tail light -- not nearly as visible to drivers (many bikers seem to think they look cool, but I've yet to meet a cager who thinks they improved visibility/safety). That makes it dangerous but bling in my book (and I'll always take visibility over bling).

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Last edited by The CyberPoet; 07-09-2009, 10:53 AM. Reason: Clarity
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks, I rode my bike to work today and I could tell that the gauges wouldn't fit. I guess I was too lazy to check last night.
        jayskat23

Comment

no it wouldnt fit. i actually bought these for my 2k6 kat 600 but ended up returning them do to shotty worksmenship. they looked cool though. you have to find a set for a pre. the post ones wont work on your bike
          Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
          Current Bikes:
          1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

they look very nice,

Comment

do they make any of these that say Katana 750, or just Katana and not the cc size at all?

EDIT: nevermind i found ones that say 750, hmm this could be tempting, i might get this for my 99
              1999 Katana 750

Comment

I want to get them, but there are NONE out there for pre other than the ones that kat riders here have. Oh well, I guess I need to buy a 98+ katana
                jayskat23

Comment

There was a how-to thread on how to build your own at one point, if I recall right... Timex-style luminex material, clear decals laser-printed with the speedo markings. I even still have the templates for the gauges on my website...

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Dfurgi View Post
                    do they make any of these that say Katana 750, or just Katana and not the cc size at all?

EDIT: nevermind i found ones that say 750, hmm this could be tempting, i might get this for my 99
                    Yep, my roommate had them for his 02 750. Pretty slick operation. Couldn't figure out why his clock wouldn't work after the install though.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by riverajay23 View Post
                      Thanks, I rode my bike to work today and I could tell that the gauges wouldn't fit. I guess I was too lazy to check last night.

actually they do make them go to http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=82995 ... now those are pre gauges but i dont know where to find them but they are awesome!

Comment

Those are the gauge faces another KR member made for awhile but stopped making them. I had the same set with metallic flames, click my KOTM trophy for pics. Pm Jax, he was the last one who had a set for sale.
                        Chrome Project Part 1
                        http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Working...
                        X