2 questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 40something View Post
    This one mostly applies to the pre 98 versions
    Not really. It applies to pretty much any Japanese-made sportbike transmission with any kind of sporting capabilities. Some are more prone to the 1-2 bang and 2nd gear failures than others, but by the numbers (number of incidents of 2nd gear failure vs number of that model sold) its not a huge pull towards many specific bikes. The main problem is using a soft shift, or not fixing a problem when a trans part like the shift dogs start wearing down. Clutchless shifting from 1-2 will do that to any bike transmission with N in between them, its just a matter of how long.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Ok, This is my first post and I just bought a '96 600 with 17,000 miles on it. I get a huge jump in vibration at about 6500 to 7000 rpm and up. Unfortunately this is right about where 6th gear puts me in highway traffic at around 65 mph actual(75 indicated). If I drop to where the vibration is manageable I have to tool along in the slow lane. I know it is a 600 and they vibrate, but this seems like the engine is coming apart. I need to figure this out as I am putting 60 miles a day on it. The previous owner said the carbs were tuned when he put the Vance and Hines Exhaust on it last spring, but he never had the valves adjusted (he owned it for 2 years). Tires are new and just installed last month. (I think my tank vibrated less on the road)

Comment

Working...
      X