No announcement yet.
X

2 questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the time, it's best to just not look at those gauges. Just ride with the traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post
      Most of the time, it's best to just not look at those gauges. Just ride with the traffic.
      I agree, but I ride with the seat of my pants as much as anything else.
      2006 Suzuki Katana 750
      2008 Kawasaki KX250F
      2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
      1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

Without really getting on it. I'm at 60mph in 3rd. If I'm gonna cruise there, maybe 4th. If I'm all the way in 6th and only doing 60mph, she gets ****ed.

Comment

Originally posted by KatDawg View Post
          Without really getting on it. I'm at 60mph in 3rd. If I'm gonna cruise there, maybe 4th. If I'm all the way in 6th and only doing 60mph, she gets ****ed.
          Whats your RPM at say 80-90mph in 6th on the freeway?
          2006 Suzuki Katana 750
          2008 Kawasaki KX250F
          2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
          1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

Originally posted by surfrider26 View Post
            Whats your RPM at say 80-90mph in 6th on the freeway?
            I'll have to wait for the rain to stop before I can check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by KatDawg View Post
              I'll have to wait for the rain to stop before I can check it out.
              At 7100 rpms I am at about 95-100mph
              If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                At 7100 rpms I am at about 95-100mph
                Ok cool thanks. I am going to take her out sat. morning early and open her up and see what I come up with.

BTW I just noticed today that the left bar end is missing. Ordered the anti vibrate ones from bikebandit, see how it goes.
                2006 Suzuki Katana 750
                2008 Kawasaki KX250F
                2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
                1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

If you wind your kat up to the 11,400 rev limiter in 1st you'll be going about 60mph, (takes about 3.8 seconds) then it is time to shift. They like to rev. The power band is from about 7,400 to 10,500.
                  Blackdog
                  DRz-400e plated
                  Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog View Post
                    If you wind your kat up to the 11,400 rev limiter in 1st you'll be going about 60mph, (takes about 3.8 seconds) then it is time to shift. They like to rev. The power band is from about 7,400 to 10,500.
                    wow! that would interesting

so your saying Kats love the high RPM and that screaming along at 10k RPM is totally normal?
                    Last edited by surfrider26; 06-24-2009, 05:45 PM.
                    2006 Suzuki Katana 750
                    2008 Kawasaki KX250F
                    2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
                    1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

Quit looking at the tach and go by the sound of your engine. Get to know it, feel it, sense it, be it. As for the imaginary 7th we've all been there. Redline 6th and you're already hanging on for dear life. Just my thoughts.
                      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                        Quit looking at the tach and go by the sound of your engine. Get to know it, feel it, sense it, be it. As for the imaginary 7th we've all been there. Redline 6th and you're already hanging on for dear life. Just my thoughts.
                        I completely agree. I ride dirtbikes too and thats the way it is with them.

Trouble is that the sound of the bike sounds like it needs another gear.

I dunno maybe im just crazy..
                        2006 Suzuki Katana 750
                        2008 Kawasaki KX250F
                        2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
                        1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

i hated my first run out of gas moment. what was really upsetting was that I had filled it prior to taking it to the shop and after riding 5 miles after getting it back it was empty. shop grifted my gas

Comment

My cat loves to run between 7 to 9 grand. Just remember that the trannys are not all that great in 1st and 2nd gears. To prevent problems shift from first to second in between 4 to 6 grand and the same from second to third. Once you are into third hammer down on it and get those RPM's up there. Yoou will get used to it and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked1z View Post
                              My cat loves to run between 7 to 9 grand. Just remember that the trannys are not all that great in 1st and 2nd gears. To prevent problems shift from first to second in between 4 to 6 grand and the same from second to third. Once you are into third hammer down on it and get those RPM's up there. Yoou will get used to it and love it.

This one mostly applies to the pre 98 versions
                              If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

my pre 750 will cruise all day at 6500rpm, 90 indicated on the speedo, about 81 actual. only problem is, if i'm not paying attention to the tach or speedo, when i do look down i'm pushin 100 actual.

my reserve kicks in at about 120 miles, but only takes 3 gallons to fill at that point.
                                99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                                1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                                '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                                Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
                                X