No announcement yet.
X

2 questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the best i ever had was 220 miles in one tank. I had burped the tank when filling it up. when it hits the edge of the red you need to fill up or wait for it to stutter and switch to reserve.

Some of the vibration can be solved with some new bar ends and grips.
    ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KatDawg View Post
      Just got my first 2005 Kat750 yesterday. I noticed the high rpms as well, but I didn't notice any issues with vibrations. Actually, it was an awesomely smooth ride compared to my cruiser.
      If you remember, what were your RPMs at like 60 mph in 6th gear?
      2006 Suzuki Katana 750
      2008 Kawasaki KX250F
      2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
      1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

Remember??? I'll go for a ride and let you know when I get back! All I need is an excuse...

Comment

heh yea see if you can check it out.

What I am experiencing is shifting to 6th gear and running about 60mph and bike feeling choked up. Not that it wont still go, but it just feels like it needs to shift again.

This is my first sport/touring bike so it might just be me.
          2006 Suzuki Katana 750
          2008 Kawasaki KX250F
          2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
          1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

Originally posted by surfrider26 View Post
            Interesting. Yea the gauge was about halfway in the red. Good to know.

Did you have vibration issues in between certain RPM ranges? I think that is what is bothering me.
            Yeah I used to get those in the 4-5K rpm range. Changed the grips to ProGrip gel grips, fabricated 1 inch bar risers and used grade 8 bolt, nuts and washers to make sure I could be bar clamp tigher and between these most have been reduced, but not eliminated but tolerable now. I will be getting some extra heavy bar ends and that should remove the balance of the vibs.

At 60mph I am running around 4500 rpms.
            If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

It's not just you. A lot of us have shifted for the imaginary 7th gear at one time or another.

Comment

Im Guilty!!!
                Joker
                The newest addition to the Family!
                sigpic
                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

WHAT!!!!!. You mean i dont have a 7th gear. What the hell have i been shifting to then.
                  ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pacerman View Post
                    the best i ever had was 220 miles in one tank. I had burped the tank when filling it up. when it hits the edge of the red you need to fill up or wait for it to stutter and switch to reserve.

Some of the vibration can be solved with some new bar ends and grips.
                    How about these bar ends

Any specific ends that you would recommend to help with the vibration?
                    2006 Suzuki Katana 750
                    2008 Kawasaki KX250F
                    2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
                    1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

generally i if i am in the red it is time to get fuel... i have hit reserve once and ran out once (in my driveway) becaus ei forgot the night before i put it on reserve and the gas stations were closed on my way home.
                      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Here is what I came up with after talking to my buddy at bikebandit.com

Bar ends

Grips

I am ordering them today and will let you guys know how they turn out.
                        2006 Suzuki Katana 750
                        2008 Kawasaki KX250F
                        2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
                        1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

Ok, back. The previous poster was correct. I was at 4500 rpms at 60mph. However, I was at 60 way before 6th, but for the sake of comparison I upshifted anyway. She was pulling my hair and begging for more.

Comment

help at all

depends on your riding but, when i drove it to work it was 35 miles one way and i would have to fill up every 2 days so i was getting about 140 miles to the tank not count reserve and i still had a gallon left over to. these are very good machines and if you treat them right they will love you back for it.

Comment

I ride into work on the slab between 5000 and 5500 RPM. Just enough to keep moving through the cagers, but not enough to get nailed by the man.

Speedo says it's somewhere between 80 and 70, but it's probably closer to 70 and 60 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by KatDawg View Post
                                Ok, back. The previous poster was correct. I was at 4500 rpms at 60mph. However, I was at 60 way before 6th, but for the sake of comparison I upshifted anyway. She was pulling my hair and begging for more.
                                Interesting. It just seems to me that my bike wants another gear when I am in 6th. Maybe Im not used to pulling these many RPMs on a bike, but then again my last bike didnt have a tach so IDK.
                                2006 Suzuki Katana 750
                                2008 Kawasaki KX250F
                                2005 Yamaha TTR 125L
                                1997 Suzuki RM250

Comment

Working...
                                X