• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea that's some eye candy
    sigpic

Comment

dam thats nice, good work bro!!!

Comment

Those forks do look very nice. I am also doing a make over on my bike currently. I would love to do something like that to my forks. Can you explain the type of paint and stuff more?? It looks great!

Comment

The paint I used was a model paint made by Tamiya. It's called clear orange. Depending on how shiny your under surface it will show through the paint. I've used it on a number things before and it seems durable but I'll just have to see how it holds uup in this application. I can always remove it pretty easily with some jasco paint remover.

Comment

Very NICE! You are inspiring me for a winter project on mine....

Comment

those forks look amazing - keep us posted!

Comment

I waS looking at that guys store just outa curiousity and looks like those are actually made pretty well. Good Job. FUTURE KOTM
                Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                Current Bikes:
                1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

wow... good looking bike bro... those forks are SICK!!! actually a very good idea (gears in the head turning, lol)

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
                  "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

looks awesome! cant wait to see the finished project!

Comment

This project is great. Those are the exact color fairings I had in mine. In fact, I very well might be cloning your project

I especially like the forks. I never considered that but I think I will be doing something like that too.
                      Last edited by setite; 07-25-2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shodog View Post
                        The paint I used was a model paint made by Tamiya. It's called clear orange. Depending on how shiny your under surface it will show through the paint. I've used it on a number things before and it seems durable but I'll just have to see how it holds uup in this application. I can always remove it pretty easily with some jasco paint remover.

Ive been trying to find a paint to match my anodized fork uppers and dude, you just hit this one out of the park
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Wow, I am so jealous right now. You got some major talent man, I wish I had the time and space to do what your doing.

Great job keeping all of us posted. I'm interested to see how it all comes out at the end.
                          Grab life by the horns and punch it in the nose!

sigpic

Comment

where did you get the plastics

Comment

Ebay plastics.

And if you read the entire post- he says they're from Ebay on page one....I think.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

More progress to report

The fender that came with the plastics kit isn’t for my bike. It’s a completely different shape and hole drilling. So I sanded and painted my original fender. I went with a color called Metallic Black. It looks like a dark metal flake grey. It really compliments the other parts and makes the fork color pop. It has a taken some time to do these as wet sanded between coats to keep the paint job butter smooth.

In addition to the fender, I did the rear grab bar the same color.

All I need to do now is finish off the tank. It’s got some primer on it and I am just block sanding it to get the base really smooth.

Comment

Working...
                                X