No announcement yet.
X

New member with pics of my katana project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to make a bit of progress. I got the tail fitted and the rear shovel fender cut off.

Then after mounting the tail found I need to cut way more off.

I love the look without the fender. Now I wish I would have went with a wider tire.

Comment

Looking sweet man! I'm thinking of going with the silver set here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-06...Q5fAccessories

This seller is also selling them for much cheaper (with much cheaper shipping)...

I'm hoping after I sell off the old plastic I'll only be over by a few hundred for ALL NEW PAINTED PLASTIC! That's incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by shodog View Post
        I love the look without the fender. Now I wish I would have went with a wider tire.

Swap the rim and swingarm and go for it.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Awesome!

You motorcycle is coming along beautifully! Keep posting! This is awesome. You'll be extremely proud walking up to it when its parked.
          Car please stop wasting my time and use your blinker!

Comment

Originally posted by tomgiboney View Post
            Looking sweet man! I'm thinking of going with the silver set here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-06...Q5fAccessories
            This looks like exactly like my stock fairings.
            Any difference or is it the same silver/grey as OEM?

Comment

Man that copper color is sick. Cant you have somone paint match it and do the tank the same color?

Comment

Originally posted by tomgiboney View Post

This seller is also selling them for much cheaper (with much cheaper shipping)...

I'm hoping after I sell off the old plastic I'll only be over by a few hundred for ALL NEW PAINTED PLASTIC! That's incredible!
                Well wait- I was looking at the same kit from these guys. Try and get them to guarantee that they'll match your tank. They're not using oem plastic/tape sets, but more importantly they're not using oem/colorrite PAINT. I could deal with slightly chincier plastic- but if the paint is lighter/darker/more flat than my tank I'd spaz. It's a different story if you're repainting the tank- but you're matching.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                  Well wait- I was looking at the same kit from these guys. Try and get them to guarantee that they'll match your tank. They're not using oem plastic/tape sets, but more importantly they're not using oem/colorrite PAINT. I could deal with slightly chincier plastic- but if the paint is lighter/darker/more flat than my tank I'd spaz. It's a different story if you're repainting the tank- but you're matching.

Very good point I am sure many of us overlooked!!!
                  Bling....

Comment

Right, well...in my experience when something seems too good/easy to be true- it is.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                    -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

A a long hiatus from working on it I have been able to get the rear tail section done. I have found there are a alot of differences between this 06+ replica and my '00 tail and this project has been more work than I expected. I was going to use a blinking LED tail light and skip the turn signals but I didn't like the way it operated. So in the end I used a stock tail light and aftermarket slimline blinkers. I had to fab up a new longer cable from the lock to the seat unlatching mechanism. The fender eliminator was bought from ebay and I don't know who makes it but overall it works well.

Next item is to get the fender on. The front forks have some corrosion under the clear coat.

My plan is to strip the clear coat with jasco, sand and buff the corrosion off then respray a clear coat on. Here is a small test section

Comment

Looks good
                        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Nice job!!!! I really like the color scheme
                          This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                          BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

More progress to show. The forks had some corrosion on them I wanted to remove.
                            I removed the clear coat from the forks with Jasco paint stripper.

I tried giving them a nice buff 400 grit finish but I wanted more bling. So I sanded them with varying grits to get it smooth enough to polish. I used Mothers with a buffer ball to get them pretty shiny. Then I laid a translucent orange paint over them and finished with a clear coat. I like the results.

Comment

WOW!!! The forks look awesome! Good job! Man, I wish I could do stuff like that.
                              "When you work on your mysterious lady part stuff, you should have the right tools, too. That's why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR." Ricky Bobby

sigpic

Comment

Please shed some more light on the front forks, Color # of paint and how many coats?

Looks totally awesome

Tok

Comment

Working...
                                X