X

Anyone use lucas fuel system cleaner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No
    it runs this long because I ran synthetic oil with out aftermarket additives and snake oils.

Why would you put lucas in a perfectly running engine when the MFG tell you not to?
    thats right Lucas and joe blow know more about engines and thier designs then the people that actually designed and built them right?

Ok so it's just a miricle additive that will amazingly stop an engine from using oil and stop leaks.
    Hell just put an unopened bottle in the glove box or under the hood and the fear of it alone will stop the engine from using oil...

I never said it hardens and never drains... It becomes a semi solid GUNK.
    Have you seen how thick that **** is? Have you ever seen or heard of oil roping....
    i've seen the little plastic things at napa with the lucas in them.. ever notice how much harder it is to turn the one with lucas, ever notice how much the oil ropes and how slow it is to migrate and how thick it is compared to 10w-30.

Go buy a bottle of stop leak, heat it up to a few hundred degrees and keep it there for a few hours and then tell me what you think it will do in an engine. Lucas does the same thing.
    Then come back and tell us how you think it works to stop engine leaks

no dobt it makes a cheap conventional oil that much better. Being petrol based with esters added it basically turns a conventional oil into a synthetic blend. Its the thickness and how it stops oil leaks and reduces oil burning that is the problem.
    Millions of people swear by duralube, Z max, prolong, slick 50 , STP etc etc etc
    they too are all BS hype to get you to buy their products.

If they made oil that much better don't you think they would already have additives in oil... oh wait they do they are called Synthetic oils...

I've used it... we had an old Massy tractor that was on its last legs that we used for logging. It was a deal and was in sad shape when we got it. Smoking and burning oil, hard to start when cold and leaked oil everywhere. We were going to use it for light duty so that did not matter and it was basically free. We added two bottles and 5 bottle of oil and its been running for several years rather well. but your not going to catch me putting it in my bike, cars or trucks that have nothing wrong with them.
    Last edited by hardlydangerous; 02-19-2009, 10:01 PM.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
      Millions of people swear by duralube, Z max, prolong, slick 50 , STP etc etc etc
      But Carroll Shelby himself says Zmax works....

Lol, I agree with you hardly, I don't run Lucas oil additives in anything I own....you're only putting a temporary band-aid on a worn out engine with Lucas. Only vehicle I own that DOESN'T get synthetic oil is my 85 F150.
      02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
      90 GSXR 750/1216
      96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
      87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
      sigpic

Comment

all oil adds are a gimik . you cant beat freash oil .. now i read about mineral oils vs ester- based ..yes the ester-based rthey will cause most seals to shrink and some to swell ester will keep your motor so clean from carbon too the ester-based is for jet engines and its not even petrolem at all but man made the mineral will cause some tarnish build up but not carbon like dino oil
        Last edited by H-2 CHARLIE; 02-19-2009, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimG4652 View Post
          But Carroll Shelby himself says Zmax works....
          Yup, and then the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) stepped in made them stop...
          We’re sorry, we can’t find the page you're looking for.

They went after a long list of these oil additives/engine treatments right at the turn of the millennium and popped a ton of them...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
          CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
          The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

that is because George Lucas is a hack
            May the road rise up to meet you.
            May the wind always be at your back.
            May the sun shine warm upon your face,
            and rains fall soft upon your fields.
            And until we meet again,
            May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
            RIP Marc

Comment

Working...
            X