No announcement yet.
X

throttle grip won't return to close.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no one said this so...Did you make sure the cruise control was off?? The throttle won't return unless you disengage the cruise control...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

No, not on rotation of the steering they move when I twist the throttle all the way open.

I have a 600, there is no cruise control.
      FROM WORK:
      "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

Originally posted by redciv1 View Post
        No, not on rotation of the steering they move when I twist the throttle all the way open.
        The control pod moves when you twist the throttle to Wide-Open (WOT)? Sounds like it's not assembled properly, or someone used an aftermarket bar-tube that doesn't have the pin-hole the control pod locks into.

Originally posted by redciv1 View Post
        I have a 600, there is no cruise control.
        He was pulling your leg...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
        CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
        The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ohhhhh. Thanks Cyber. My cousin is going to work with me on the bike so I was just trying to get some knowledge beforehand, really anxious. I need to get a manual. Between the air leak around one of the carbs and and airbox and the throttle that won't return close, it makes it kinda interesting to ride.
          FROM WORK:
          "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

UPDATE:
            SO on Saturday I had some help come over and we took the tank off and noticed that some things about the cable.
            1. Nut that goes on the bottom was on the top so no tension really.
            2. Cable itself separated from the collar that fits in side near the carbs.
            3. No adjustment left on cable.

Now even with all of this with the cable, Once the tank was off my cousin was actually able to use Idle Screw and idle down the motor. Oddly enough though when we put the tank back on and he went for a test ride the bike started to idle back up again.
            So I know I definitely need a new cable.
            BTW, what is that tube under the tank for. Not the 2 fuel lines and 1 vaccum line, but the other tube. Mines is clogged up looks like on one side and also has a hard kink.
            FROM WORK:

Comment

Working...
            X