Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Worst/Most hated mod you have personally done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst/Most hated mod you have personally done?

Just like the title says, what is the worst/most hated mod you have done to a bike? Or alternatively, what mod ended out working out very poorly?

For me, putting a stage 3 jet kit in a kat 750 for street use... Thing would fly when you were on it... but trying to ease around town stop light to stop light sucked

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

ditto on the jet kit I didnt put it in the po did but man around town she bucks like crazy
    1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
    2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
    sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
    Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
    A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

just putting new tires on was a PIA. Stealership tryed to over charge me. then gave me a 120/60/17 front and said it would be fine (i dont want no chit yammie tire on my bike) so they returned it and gave me a 120/70 then tryed overcharging for that. etc etc.

that and finding someone to hold the front of my bike up while i put the new one on...

Comment

I've yet to do a mod that I didn't like yet... Probably because I tend to research them sooo darn much before deciding to go through with it. Like the KatRider white glow Speedometer and Tach... Seems that they burn up in two years or so. I'm not doing that...
        2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
        Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
        "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
        Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
        Veteran of the United States Air Force.
        "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Comment

Mines bone stock. I'll let you know if I ever do anything to it that i hate . actually I have a hindle on now, and had to remove the center stand (too lazy to redneck a bump stop).

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
            that and finding someone to hold the front of my bike up while i put the new one on...
            You might actually be a bit small for this (not pokin fun, just saying). But when I swap tires, I use a jack stand to hold the front up (under lower fork leg). When I take the rim on/off, I kneel with the nose of the bike on my right shoulder, and the rim leaning against my right side. I shrug up my shoulder to lift the bike off the jack stand, and use my shoulder to lift it up to get the rim in. sounds more complicated than it is, and it's actually pretty stable. Of course you need a center stand for this, as a rear paddle stand would have you lifting too much weight, and it wouldn't be as stable. try it out next time

Comment

^could have done that, but i enjoy the company Plus id rather have someone help rather than run the risk of dropping an almost 500lb bike on just the forks.

Comment

dropping an almost 500lb bike on just the forks.
                bah, no big deal. they have springs inside to cushion the fall

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                  bah, no big deal. they have springs inside to cushion the fall
                  then its leaning too far forward and falls off the centerstand, onto my nice brand new paint job and my brand new (at the time) scorpion system, probably cracking my new lockhart dark smoke screen and cracking a few engine covers...

or i can go "hey derick (brother) get your b**** a** over here and help my out real quick"

problem avoided and/or solved.... now... whats for dinner

Comment

WOW ED...

You sure do take this WINTERIZING of a bike a bit seriously, don't you...
                    2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                    Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                    "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                    Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                    Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                    "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

^ that was probably late august. Old bridgestones (came on the bike, NEVER again) were cupped/scallped and the rear had a decent gash in it. that was when i took my wheels to the stealership for mount/balance of some conti sports mmmmmmmmm

Comment

Sorry, but I don't think I'd "do" any of the mods on KR (or the admins). No offense, but I don't bat for that team.
                        -
                        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
                          Sorry, but I don't think I'd "do" any of the mods on KR (or the admins). No offense, but I don't bat for that team.
                          Well I would do Fred, he is sexy

Comment

The biggest PIA (any bike): fork upgrade & rebuild. I don't like 'em.
                            The biggest PIA (Kat): Oil pan mods. Figuring out where to put the oil temp sensor. Drilled 12 holes in an oil pan to get that one "just right", then several in the instrument surround to figure out the best placement for the gauge. Then blew through the oil pan with a plasma torch to figure out that the fumoto mod can't have the ridge cut away with a plasma torch . Then I had to do it all over again to the real ("final") oil pan & instrument surround.

Easiest "worthwhile" mods:
                            1. tires & fork internal upgrades (because I don't do my own tires or forks anymore).
                            2. Corbin Saddle. 2 bolts and put it on (easier than pie).
                            3. Ignition Advancer (easy as pie).
                            4. Ivan's jetkit (a bit time consuming to get at, but easy).
                            They get trickier after that (chain oiler, shock install, tail swap, HIDs, 2nd electrical system, etc.)

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                              Just like the title says, what is the worst/most hated mod you have done to a bike? Or alternatively, what mod ended out working out very poorly?

For me, putting a stage 3 jet kit in a kat 750 for street use... Thing would fly when you were on it... but trying to ease around town stop light to stop light sucked

Krey
                              I would say that is the hardest, but probably my favorite once i got it to work.

most hated doing it was probably ss lines....just a pain to get air out.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
                              X