Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Worst/Most hated mod you have personally done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anoucka View Post
    Well I would do Fred, he is sexy
    +1 get in line sister!!!
    With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
    The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
    To the bang bang boogie
    Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

I polished the kick plates on mine a few years ago just to see if I could . Actually just one side . I then sanded them and sprayed them with bedliner immediately afterwards . I didn't care for the polishing , but the bedliner looked pretty damned good for a while if I do say so myself (ok , KINDA good ) until my boots wore through .....

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I think I wouldn't have added the power commander to my '14, but it's not because it doesn't work or anything. It's just that the one thing a stock '14 does not need is more power.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
          I think I wouldn't have added the power commander to my '14, but it's not because it doesn't work or anything. It's just that the one thing a stock '14 does not need is more power.
          yeah, rub it in REAL good
          02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
          90 GSXR 750/1216
          96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
          87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
          sigpic

Comment

Not on my Kat but on my SV650, I drilled a hole in the exhaust to put a spark plug in and all this wiring and relays etc to make a flamethrower out the back. Hours of work and it didn't make any flames.

Comment

Not on my Kat but on my SV650, I drilled a hole in the exhaust to put a spark plug in and all this wiring and relays etc to make a flamethrower out the back. Hours of work and it didn't make any flames.
              Yeah... most of those set ups have some kind of accelerant that is sprayed into the pipes just before the spark, and just use the flow of the exhaust to blow the flames out the pipes.

I think Monster Garage did a show where Jesse added that mod to one of the machines they made.

Completly not recomended at all.. but winding out 1st gear, turning off the kill switch, letting the engine drag slow you down a bit, then turning back on the kill switch WILL get you those flames for one real good puff... and a really loud pop as well.

It has an effect on those behind you.. riding at night, or in a tunnel...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

Completly not recomended at all.. but winding out 1st gear, turning off the kill switch, letting the engine drag slow you down a bit, then turning back on the kill switch WILL get you those flames for one real good puff... and a really loud pop as well.

It has an effect on those behind you.. riding at night, or in a tunnel...

Krey
                Hey I did that the other day on accident. 80 mph, adjusted myself a little and hit the kill on accident... started to pull over and decided to "unkill" it... BLAT!!! Huge backfire and off I went.

My most hated mod is my painted front signals. At first I thought they shone through enough, but the more I look at them in reflections in tailgates and stuff the more i can see they aren't sufficient. Guess I'll sand them down and respray or go with some Oem crystals.
                Originally posted by katanawarrior
                I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

I'm an idiot

I bought a speedohelaer and while installing it must have touched something because i burnt out the speedo head n($500!!!!).

can't wait to install the yosh rs3 carbon fiber slip on and see what I screw up
                  sigpic
                  Pepe Bouchard

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                    Not need more power? DO WHAT!!! Im sitting right under 200 whp and im still shopping for more. Diffrence in mentallity I guess.

As far as a mod that I dont like. Humm. You would think with everything ive done to the GIX that one would stick out. But to be honest. None do. Everything that didnt work out perfect i just have gone back and adjusted and worked wih before I let the bike roll out for that year.

The crappy glass that i used in fiberglassing last year would have to be it i guess. It didnt catalise how it should have and caused air pockets That ive had to deal with all last year. That has been fixed for 09 tho. along with a lot of other alterations.
                    Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                    6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                    5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Least favorite would have to be D&D full system.. Broke 3 allen wrenches and took forever to put springs on. Just PIA, but it was also probably my favorite. Either that or grinding down the weld on my buddies gixxer so his slip on would fit. 6 hours of grinding is NOT fun.
                      I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
                      --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

I'm changing my answer... I fixed my kickstand today. Put a washer on the back but it wouldn't line up quite right so i had to grind down the washer and the eye. Never thought I would have to modify a washer before. And finding a spring puller wasn't easy either.
                        I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                          Hey Ed, what the hell is that in the background? Some sort of road-rage weedeater jousting BMX?

I can imagine you and your mates on these, riding as fast as you can towards eachother (Braveheart style), weedeater redlining........Darwin at it's best.

Comment

Worst would be these damn "carbon look mirrors" everytime the bolt backs out every bump sends them completly out of view of anything. Theyre ****ing pointless

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo1987 View Post
                              Put a washer on the back but it wouldn't line up quite right so i had to grind down the washer and the eye. Never thought I would have to modify a washer before.
                              Been there , done that . A drill bit and vicegrips are GREAT for that . Or , you know , drive to the hardware store . But of course that'd be like a 20 mile drive for me .
                              Originally posted by Imagin View Post
                              Worst would be these damn "carbon look mirrors" everytime the bolt backs out every bump sends them completly out of view of anything. Theyre ****ing pointless
                              The LP ones with the integrated signals ? Yeah , those are just a big bunch of useless . I had them on my bike for about 5 minutes before I tokk them off and re-sold them .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

went to the hardware store many times.. got the closest one i could then had to grind on it.. dremel was helpful
                                Last edited by Sambo1987; 01-18-2009, 12:29 AM.
                                I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!

Comment

Working...
                                X