X
X

why does everyone hate the katana so much

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well this is my firs bike(05 katana) but when i go sit on those newer gxsrs and cbrs, they are far from comfortable. I did however sit on a new suzuki not a gxsr but something like a new age katana, very comfortable. Anyway, i personally would like to have comfort, a sporty look, and power(but not enough to kill myself) so i think the katana is a great bike.

Comment

• I still want a Blackbird REAL bad .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• See the new issue of CycleWorld, where a guy uses one to set a 15k-in-10-days record only achieve 3 times before...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
        CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
        The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy G View Post
          And be honest everybody on here that does not have a ss bike wants one!
          I don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
            See the new issue of CycleWorld, where a guy uses one to set a 15k-in-10-days record only achieve 3 times before...
            Yeah , I caught that , too . Apparently he did it with a torn bicep tendon . hey , I have a torn shoulder . That's pretty close ...... Dude , I'm SO gonna have me a Blackbird before I die ...
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• I like how I can go the the street races and people look at me funny, until friends of mine or other people that have seen it run set them straight. Evidently because it's a Katana, and it's heavy as all get out, it's supposed to be slow. I guess nobody told me I still want a 1000GSXR though, but I'm not giving up the Kat to do it. It's too fun!
              94 600 With a GSX-R 1100 engine. Stretched, lowered. Air shifter, Nitrous, Who knows what next...

Comment

• Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                19 pages of why people dislike a bike that was outdated when it was made... 21 years ago.
                katriders.com ---> User CP ----> edit options -----> thread display options

Change to "show 40 posts/page" and it's only 5 pages.

Comment

• you actually went to the trouble to figure that out just to tell me that?
                  or are you one of them guys that just know that?

Comment

• kanotuna (can of tuna) just making fun of what the bike looks like just ignore them. In my eyes if you are on 2 wheels (motorcycle not bycycle haha) then you have my respect that is why most riders wave at other riders. I have noticed that cruisers dont wave at sport bikes that much. Maybe they dont like us haha.

Comment

• Lets face it guys and gals, up to this very second there has never been a more beautiful bike made than the katana and they a jealous as all get out. They have to draw the attention away before you see what an ugly bike they have.

Comment

• never been more beautiful bike then the Katana??? uuummm...ok

Comment

• Someone was talking trash about my katana to my face just yesterday.

He's never ridden a motorcycle in his life.

For me the bottom line comes to insurance. My annual insurance for the ~100hp Katana 750 is about half the monthly insurance on a modern RR, according to the estimates I got last summer.

One demographic that doesn't talk trash about the Katana - your local insurance company. They know a hell of a lot more about motorcycles than some half-wit who never rode a motorcycle in his life.
                          former dc beltway daily commuter

Comment

• The Katana is the red headed step child of sport bikes
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                              The Katana is the red headed step child of sport bikes
                              "sport-bike" term used loosely. It WAS a sport bike in the late '80's. Now, it's a standard UJM with high clip-ons and full plastic.

Comment

• The Katana is a motorcycle that you either love or hate! It has everything that I want in a motorcycle, it fits my riding style to a T. -- -- well after a little suspension tuning.

They are so many motorcycles out there, it should not be that hard to get one that suits your riding style, so it shouldn't be difficult to figure out that not ever bike is for everyone.

I love the weight, the handling and I also think it is the best looking bike ever built. Sadly it is getting hard to find a body in pristine condition, that also has a motor pristine condition -- -- and also has a kick start -- smile. Okay, so I am old and don't feel like I am riding a motorcycle if it doesn't have a kick start on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X