Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Possible Way For Westerners To Attend The Rally?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Way For Westerners To Attend The Rally?

Got bored a bit today, thought this up:

Someone in, say, central California, who has a truck and a fairly big trailer, lets all the Western states Katriders that he will be at, say, Bakersfield (just an example) at a certain time, say, three days before the rally starts. Other Katriders in Cali have made arrangements to meet him there, putting their bike on his trailer and trying it down themselves. They pay him a modest, pre-determined amount of money, their share of covering his mileage and gas.
    He takes off, and other Katriders in towns in Navada, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, or even Arizona, N. Mexico, Idaho, Nebraska, etc. meet him at pre-arranged places along the way, doing the same thing. (Maybe there are two Kat Expresses- one starting in, say, San Diego, the other in Portland.)

Then, those riders hop on a plane to the Rally, and someone from the rally who is in a larger car picks them up at the airport, or they share the expense of a rental car, or they ride the bus from whateve airport they fly into.

At the end of the rally, reverse.

Sure, it's not a perfect plan, has lots of sticky wickets to work out, but that's up to those who might actually put it into action- I am in Georgia, so that part's not for me.

Kick it around here, if you like, perhaps someone is out west and can make it happen.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

I think a large factor keeping people from the rally is the time commitment, while a week is reasonable, trying to get somebody to give up 4 (easily) transit days.

Might be easier to get a semi between 5 or 8 people and let that trailer them out to the airport and just mail your luggage to the cabins ahead of time.
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

I think it sounds like a good idea.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Best to start working on this sort of thing now.... Good thinkin'.

I'll probably be towing our bikes out there...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Never understood the logic behind towing a perfectly good/operational vehicle. especially a sport TOURING motorcycle ride it?

Comment

I will be towing mine from GA. But I will be bringing 2 maybe 3 bikes...
            ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Comment

Probably a scale of economy type thing. Plus airfare's not as cheap as it was a few years ago... and the closest airport Charlotte or Nashville.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                Never understood the logic behind towing a perfectly good/operational vehicle. especially a sport TOURING motorcycle ride it?
                agreed.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Pacerman View Post
                  I will be towing mine from GA. But I will be bringing 2 maybe 3 bikes...

Towing from Georgia?

See comment on riding perfectly good 2 wheeled transportation.

Comment

I have a better idea.
                    I'm leaving on Saturday. Try and keep up.

J/K

Sounds like something to keep in mind, but I'll be riding. And yes, God-willing, on a new Busa.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                      I have a better idea.

J/K

Sounds like something to keep in mind, but I'll be riding. And yes, God-willing, on a new Busa.
                      So if the big guys' not ready... we should try to get a tow service ready for you? just kidding!
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                        I feel the same way....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

There was some talk a number of years back of them renting a Winabego with a big trailer and coming east that way...

Still, I appreciate Tom's way the best (but the man denies himself sleep on the road far too often for his own safety!).

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I threw this idea out there a while back.

But, noone seemed to respond to it.

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
                            I have a better idea.

J/K

I'll be riding out there, maybe on a new bike, but I think the Kat would make the trip no problem either way.

If you are going Tom, you've got a partner to ride with you right here. Plus i have a get out of jail free card (hehehe) and family in Central Texas and Missouri, so we'd have a place to crash on our way there and back.
                            2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                            BMC Notorious 918 HT
                            2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Originally posted by cencalkat View Post
                              i threw this idea out there a while back.

but, noone seemed to respond to it.

I'll be riding out there, maybe on a new bike, but i think the kat would make the trip no problem either way.

if you are going tom, you've got a partner to ride with you right here. Plus i have a get out of jail free card (hehehe) and family in central texas and missouri, so we'd have a place to crash on our way there and back.

now that's my kind of riding buddy!!!! You got i!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X