Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

The one thing i hate most about a bike is..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
    Yeah, I tried that once and the guy about threw me out of the shop...apparently, it doesn't work for dudes.
    I don't care what they say, I think you have beautiful man-boobs, what size manziere do you wear?
    May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    and rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
    RIP Marc

Comment

i thought it was called a "Bro"
      Chrome Project Part 1
      http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by mreedohio View Post
        i thought it was called a "Bro"
        Good one! I was thinking arse cleavage (very disgusting on a guy, looks good on gals).

I agree with taking the wheel off and bringing it in if you can. Most of the time (around here anyway) it's only a 1-2 day wait and there's no charge for the mounting if you buy the tire from the dealer.

Comment

Not sure where you live, but D&D cycles in Tempe,AZ is fantastic with wheels off of the bike. I just dropped off a wheel at 9:00AM, they called at 10:30 to say it is ready, picked it up at Noon, Back on the bike by 1:30. Yes, I took a long lunch break.

Oh yeah, I did NOT have an appointment.

Comment

It's definitely called a Bro!

Comment

george called it a bro, his father called it the manziere (or maybe that was kramer)
              May the road rise up to meet you.
              May the wind always be at your back.
              May the sun shine warm upon your face,
              and rains fall soft upon your fields.
              And until we meet again,
              May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
              RIP Marc

Comment

And some shops like to pick a day to do all their tire changes , too . Shop I like does theirs on saturdays . They just spend that morning doing all the tires , then the rest of the day with "light" work .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

In my experience all dealers and mechanics are worthless. I hope there's an afterlife just for people who work at dealerships in which all they experience is a constantly resetting cycle of events in where they wait for something for 10,000 years which sucks when finally finished.

Comment

Took my rims off and took mine to a harley shop, 20-30 mins and they were done .... they have always treated me better then any suzuki shop, and provides better prices
                    Currently Riding:
                    1995 Katana 600
                    V&H Exhaust
                    Jet Kit

SOLD
                    2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                    1987 XV700 Bobber
                    REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

my local shop here in texas will charge 20 bucks if you bring them the rim and will have it back in thirty minutes usually less?

Comment

hmmm..i called around and found one that can do it for me monday..i guess i'll take off the front wheel, but i cant support the bike. PO took off the center stand to "save weight". I'll just ride up there

Comment

there is a black pipe stand you can make for less than $50 from lowes or home depot.

or some have used rebar and a jack stands through the frame.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

i'll just let them do it, no sense in adding on another $50 i dont have

Comment

Invest in a center stand. I got mine off of a KR member cheap. He even gave me the bolts, springs and that "c" bracket.

Comment

I do the Saturday morning sprint at Iron Pony. If I time it right, it takes about 20 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X