Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

The one thing i hate most about a bike is..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one thing i hate most about a bike is..

That freekin motorcycle shops wait time is always 5 years! What is the deal with that? ok maybe i understand in the summer. but not when its getting ready to be effing winter! And i also understand if its a major engine job, but not basic stuff like spark plugs, or oil changes, ormost importantly, MY FRONT TIRE! shouldnt the consumer dictate the best time for THEM to bring a bike in? Now i have to shift my life around because i have to patches of cord showing. And they cant fit me in for a week. but nooo if i had a car, boom in and out a couple of hours and thats with FOUR tires. And this isnt the first time..Ive needed work in the past and consistently every shop i called was like "uhh yea we got a 4 week waiting list"

/end rant

Yup.....been there. I was without my bike for two weeks this summer and it just about put me over the edge.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I hate to say it but for that type of time and effort your better off going to Harbor Freight buying a tire change machine...around $100 for the regular machine plus the motorcycle attachment...put it in your garage, if you have one, then buy the tires online and do it yourself...then you can offer the service to change tires for people and charge like $10 if they bring you the wheels...after around 12 changes you'll make your money back on the machine...this is all based on if you have the garage and are able to do it...yeah waiting for your bike is a real pain in the butt..
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

If you DO buy one at Harbor Freight, you'll be able to do one tire then you need to buy another one to do the other. So then your in like $200+ dollars and you can't make any money back cause after you do your other tire, it will be broken
        The reason service times take so long is because dealers put off tuna's as much as they can. The Katana is NOT looked upon well in Suzuki shops, so why are they gonna work on that when they have 10 gixers to work on?
        Last edited by arsenic; 11-08-2008, 01:42 PM.

Comment

they'll get to them quicker if they're already off the bike. and it will cut your costs about in half to get the tires on. it aint that much work to pull both wheels, and put um back on.
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

there has to be other shops, if not try some car tire shops, some can do it.

i feel your pain, it is easier for me to drive 1.5 hours to a shop in kentucky where i bought my bike than it is to do it locally.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

This dude is looking for business. Team up and ship your tires to him.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                If you DO buy one at Harbor Freight, you'll be able to do one tire then you need to buy another one to do the other. So then your in like $200+ dollars and you can't make any money back cause after you do your other tire, it will be broken
                The reason service times take so long is because dealers put off tuna's as much as they can. The Katana is NOT looked upon well in Suzuki shops, so why are they gonna work on that when they have 10 gixers to work on?
                Haha, harbor freight does suk but due to yor consistent attitude I have to ask, what do you ride a honda?
                02 Kat 750F
                68 Mercury Cat

Comment

Originally posted by clint1972 View Post
                  Haha, harbor freight does suk but due to yor consistent attitude I have to ask, what do you ride a honda?
                  hey don't group me in with chris......

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

This is going to sound wrong. So, naturally, I'll say it. I always stop in to ask when a good time is to bring my bike in - but I drop by with my car. That way I can be all dolled up. And they always approach me like "Shopping for a gift?" but when they realize I ride they are so... accommodating, lol. When I had all that stuff done to my bike recently, it took 2 days. It's a good life.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                      This is going to sound wrong. So, naturally, I'll say it. I always stop in to ask when a good time is to bring my bike in - but I drop by with my car. That way I can be all dolled up. And they always approach me like "Shopping for a gift?" but when they realize I ride they are so... accommodating, lol. When I had all that stuff done to my bike recently, it took 2 days. It's a good life.

That is one of the advantages a female has over a male. Crack a smile, show a little cleavage and your in.

Comment

a member on this forum provides Motorcycle Service, send him a pm and see what he can do for you. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...rcycle+service
                        Chrome Project Part 1
                        http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Originally posted by katanafreak93 View Post
                          That is one of the advantages a female has over a male. Crack a smile, show a little cleavage and your in.
                          Yeah, I tried that once and the guy about threw me out of the shop...apparently, it doesn't work for dudes.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey, man, I remember those cords showing! I know you are way south in Stone Mountain, but get yourself to either Cyclegear (near the Galleria, one in Roswell/Alpharetta, too) or up near here at Ken's Motorcycle tires.

Cycle gear will mount and balance tires for you in one day, if you have removed the wheels from the bike- I don't think they remove wheels. Ken's can do it in one day, even while you wait if you make arrangements with him before hand, and you can either bring him the wheels, or the whole bike.

If Ken wants you to wait most of the day, give me a call (assume you still have my phone number) and I will come pick you up- you can hang at my house (very close) or we can go grab a bite. Weekdays work for me if they work for you, Ken's is closed Sunday and Monday.
                            Last edited by StevieB; 11-08-2008, 05:09 PM. Reason: Xelss needs to "retire" that Kat!
                            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                              That's just plain cruel Enjay.
                              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                              ------------------------------------------
                              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                              X