What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    +1
    This is the best thread on Katriders. Scotty quoting Md's smiles.
    Not the usual K&N and how big a rear tire noob questions.

Ps Mrs Blackdog wants to know why Md sent me some bike parts and why he uses so many smiles.

Oh ya I rode like I stole it.
    Blackdog
    DRz-400e plated
    Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackdog View Post

Ps Mrs Blackdog wants to know why Md sent me some bike parts and why he uses so many smiles.

Oh ya I rode like I stole it.
      I sent you bike parts ? Then you probably asked for them ...... And I LIKE smilies . I feel they help more accurately portray the intended sentiment behind a statement . This medium often makes it REALLY hard to tell how a person intended something . I like to think smilies help . Plus all the moevemtn and purty colors help keep my attention
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• I didn't do this today but yesterday and took the kat for my motorcycle road test for my license and PASSED!! Only took 2 tries but hey atleast I got it! Then I rode to the DMV about 45 minutes away to get my class C license updated with the motorcycle endorsement.

I lucked out with the weather as it was raining all morning up till an hour before the road test then it stopped for the afternoon. Still cloudy and only 50*F but atleast it wasn't raining...

I guess this means now I have to take the wife when I go out ride....

Comment

• had to leave mine at work last night. beautiful in the morning and storming by 5. not cool.
          1995 katana 600

Comment

• Mounted the Fieldsheer Expander Tail Bag that arrived by UPS today. Simple four clicks to attach to the Expander Saddle Bags that I put on last week.

Read somewhere that Fieldsheer was moving locations or something and that's why their gear has been discounted. Anyways $80 for the saddlebags and $60 for the tail bag.

Comment

• Yesterday i went and registered the bike. And today I picked up the kat from my buddy's garage, to do and drop it of at a bike shop, to get the carbs tuned.
              91 Toyota MR2 (weekend toy/race car)
              92 Toyota Paseo(daily driver 38+MPG)
              89 Suzuki Katana 600 with a 93 engine (new daily driver/weekend toy)
              89 600 clutch and springs for sale, brand new.

Comment

• put the new grips on, attempted to put the bar ends on, one side has a bolt broken in it, so i drilled into it, breaking two drill bits in it, then proceeded to break the screw extractor when we got to that point. -_- eh, o well, im gonna see if there is a good machine shop around here, this bolt very possibly might have been stuck in there for 20 years... so its almost guaranteed to be frozen in there, i didnt WD-40 it first unfortunately, i should have, but o well, ill get it out and get my bar ends in eventually,

ordering the new levers tonight or tomorrow,
                need to adjust the throttle cable, finally took a look at it, and when the bars are turned to the right, it is getting pulled so it revs haha.

anyway, things are looking up! took some good pictures so i can start planning my paint job!
                "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

• Changed the plugs and took her out for a test ride.
                  Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                  MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                  sigpic

Comment

• put the cover on her , cutting 6x6's in garage making a big mess
                    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

• took the solo off for paint yesterday and today I will start taking the other pieces off
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

• nothing dont even own a kat anymore just wanted to be the 1000th post...lol

Comment

• but your post 1001 lol

i rode mine today - thats all lol
                          i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

• Cleaned and lubed my chain. Cleaned off my bug collection. Rode to class for my final.
                            Let's go riding!

Comment

• rode down to KY to have dinner with my sister and her inlaws who are in the country from italy for the month! so delicious!
                              gunned it across the sycamore bridge as everyone does haha. i love opening her up like that even if i just immediately back off
                              "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

• Rode to work...

Got home, lubed the chain up...noticed it was a bit loose, as it's getting close to replacement time.

Just a few minutes ago, checked chain stretch per service manual...it's right under spec..so adjusted chain to spec.

Also shot some brake cleaner on the rear caliper / pads and cleaned the rotor with Windex as I'm getting some brake squeal. I'll take the pads out later this week and put some pad grease on the back of the pads.

I still need to swap on the new front master cylinder to see if I can firm up the front brakes.

The new Z6 for the front arrive Monday, need to get that put on.

Comment

Working...
                                X